Cohiba (Dominican) wrapper

The Bruce

ChestBeater
I like the Cohiba (Dominican) - Toro Tube Cigars but I have been having trouble with the wrappers. At first I thought the cigars were too dry. I am now sure it is not the case.

Is the wrapper for these cigars perticularly fragile?

--
Erik

Cameroon wrappers are notorious for being very fragile, but ive not heard this about DRs. your storage is good so i would say the only thing is either how youre smoking them [do you roll the cigar between your fingers unwittingly?] or that the roller is bad. Maybe the wrappers arent secured/rolled on very well?

Baric said:
Cameroon wrappers are notorious for being very fragile, but ive not heard this about DRs. your storage is good so i would say the only thing is either how youre smoking them [do you roll the cigar between your fingers unwittingly?] or that the roller is bad. Maybe the wrappers arent secured/rolled on very well?

I thought about it and I do twirl cigars lightly in my fingers. But it shouldn't be enough to break the wrapper.

Could it be that since it is soooo dry out here (usually well below 30%) that the wrapper just drys out quickly after being exposed to the air?

The Bruce said:

Could it be that since it is soooo dry out here (usually well below 30%) that the wrapper just drys out quickly after being exposed to the air?

BINGO!! I also have problems with cameroon wrappers when it is dry outside.

:ms NCRM

That happens sometimes when the cigars come from a warehouse supplier, stored in an inappropriate atmosphere. They should relax and become more smokable if left to rest in a good humidor at the right humidification for at least a couple a weeks. BTW, don't take the cello off if they came with cellos, as they could be shocked and the foot will probably swell and crack.
I'm just sayin' this could be the case.

Gary

croatan said:
Have you salted tested your hygrometer to be sure that it's accurate?

Yes, and it was independently verified. I figure it's just a really delicate wrapper on a few of my cigars. My last one didn't have any problem and our humidy was quite high that day. I will continue to monitor the situation.

Back