COHIBA:YUCK........WTF/cohiba extra vigoroso

madurolover

Icehog '08 YES WE CAN!!!
Was looking forward to trying this beauty of a cigar so last night i got it out of the humi.Nice dark color to it,just the way i like them.The cut was clean and the light was easy.Started off tasting like:BS and never let up.I was hoping after about an inch or so it would smooth out but it never did.I have enjoyed one or two red dots that i had smoked but this tasted like you were smoking something that has been in the bottom of your bbq grill for a year or two.It was an awful charred taste that can best be described as :BS .To make a long story short i ditched it after about an inch and a half,went to the shed and got an old piece of rope and lit it up just to get that awful taste out of my mouth.So if your thinking about trying this smoke you may want to think again,it was by far the worst thing this newbie has ever smoked.:hn

That's too bad. All the Cohiba's I've had were nice sticks, good burning and nice looking. A tad spendy, but nice nonetheless.

The Cuban versions, like heaven rolled in a wrapper of tobacco.

I've got a couple in the humi that I have been holding on to untill the weather get warm. I may have to spark one now just to see what :BS tastes like.

Most distressing! I've got a couple down in the bottom of a cooler, and have been holding onto them for an appropriate occasion... Just hoping that yours is an isolated emperience!

I am hoping it was just a bad stick because i have another one and at that price i would hate to have to toss it also.:mad:

I tried one last summer and had a similar experience. I looked and felt great. It felt like it weighed a ton. A really solid smoke. Too bad it tasted like crap!

I was in a small Illinois town cigar store last week. They had a box of the red dot Cohiba ... call it churchill size. Wanted $ 27.50 apiece. I asked the shopkeeper why they were so expensive.

She said "those are made with real cuban seed tobacco". :r

It's probably a good idea to stay away from any non Cuban Cohiba. At best they are nice mild DR sticks. At worst... everyones favorite gas station cigar reband project.

Back