Cojimar

Infin1ty

SilverBack
Let me first start off by sayin that I had extremely low expectations for this cigar. That being said, heres the review.

This was a Cojimar flavored cigar, I believe these are made by Drew Estate. I tired one of these back when I first got a flavored cigar sampler from a buddy on here, and I couldn't even bare to smoke it for more then 5 minutes. So after that experience I stuck it in the humidor and just let it sit. Well its been about 3 months so I figured I should probably smoke it, to at least get it out of the humidor.

I couldn't quite tell you the flavor, but it had a purple band. I cant quite pinpoint the scent of it, but the thing that keeps coming to mind is Lavender.

Appearance: Had very good construction, nice and solid. Did not have any veins.

1st Half: After cutting, it had a very good draw, not to loose but not to firm. Because this was a cheepo, and I didn't have any worrys of ruining the flavor, I just lit it up with my zippo. Had a good even burn.

I have to say, that letting it rest in the humidor really helped with the horrible flavor that I remember when I had first smoked it.

Anyways, the first couple of puffs were on the stronger side with flavor. After that it was a smooth tobacco taste, with a hint of the lavender. The best part was the taste that the gar left on my lips.

2nd Half: What can I say, it stayed the same all the way through. I through this out the window with about an inch to spare.

All-in-all, I was surprised. I expected this thing to be as horrible as it was the first time I tried it. With that said, I still probably will not buy anymore of these.

I think from now on if I'm going to get a flavored cigar, it will be either a CAO, or a machine made White Owl, :r.

My wife smokes these and enjoys them quite a bit. She also thinks that the flavour is pretty intense for the first minute or so but then it mellows out nicely. That being said, I don't mind them either from time to time!

Thanks for the review!

Oh, she also likes the CAO Flavours Tubos

For future reference i would personally suggest not putting pre-burned tobacco back into your humidor, it can ruin the flavor of all the sticks in the box! Just be careful!

For future reference i would personally suggest not putting pre-burned tobacco back into your humidor, it can ruin the flavor of all the sticks in the box! Just be careful!

Oh no this wasn't the same stick that I had tried smoking the first time,:r. I would never do that! I ended up just trashing the first one, because I hated it. When I got these, the person who sent them, sent me two.

Wheew, glad to hear that, i am very careful about what goes in or around my humidor, fo fear of ruining the few smokes i do have in there for aging.

Well I am glad you had a better experiance on the 2nd one (I believe it was I who sent those to you...LOL) I still have a half a box of these and enjoy them outside withthe kids and wife as the smoke isnt as "stinkie" as my 3 yrold calls it. BTW the Purple band is the "White Sage" whatever that means..LOL

Shawn

Well I am glad you had a better experiance on the 2nd one (I believe it was I who sent those to you...LOL) I still have a half a box of these and enjoy them outside withthe kids and wife as the smoke isnt as "stinkie" as my 3 yrold calls it. BTW the Purple band is the "White Sage" whatever that means..LOL

Shawn

:r, it was you who sent them. Yeah the second one was much better, I loved the CAO flavors though, they were supurb.

Cojimar's were the sticks my wife started out on....she has since graduated to non-flavored and she hasn't looked back. Nice review.

Oh no this wasn't the same stick that I had tried smoking the first time,:r. I would never do that! I ended up just trashing the first one, because I hated it. When I got these, the person who sent them, sent me two.
That makes me happier, thanks for clarifying

My wife has tried various flavored cigars and she sees to have liked the Cojimars more that other brands. I am pretty sure they are their own brand and not made by Drew Estates.

Edit: I stand corrected, the "Cojimar Exotics" are manufactured under the supervision of Drew Estate. I have only picked up the standard Cojimar line for the wife.

"Cojimars are constructed in the town of Santiago in the Dominican Republic. The factory that produces these only makes flavored cigars and each one is hand rolled using flavored Dominican long filler tobacco. After the rolling process each cigar tip is dipped in sugar to provide the finishing touch. Cojimar Exotics are manufactured in Esteli, Nicaragua under the supervision of Drew Estate. The inspiration for Exotics was gourmet teas from around the world. Each cigar has a unique flavor and aroma that is sure to please. The sugar dipped tip adds just a touch of sweetness."

Last edited:
The two Cojimars I've tried have been not-so-bad. I would never buy one, but a gifted one is always okay to try.

Back