Collin Cowherd ??

guy g

Gorilla
I'm sure alot of you listen to The Herd in the mornings. My question relates to a cigar comment he made yesterday... He said he smoked a "legal Cuban" and had been gifted a box. It was a nice segment. What is a 'legal Cuban' ? Is it from Cuban seed and grown elsewhere or ??? I chose to ask here because of the word "legal" Collin used. Thx, guido

I listen to him daily as well. He may mean pre-embargo, what a box of those would cost a ton. My guess is he's using some wrong words.

If enough of us email Colin about the proposed tax he may talk about it for a few minutes. He will go off topic on occasion.

I think he said once that he had a walkin built in his new house there in Conn. (before his seperation). He knows a lot about gars, must be a pre-embargo.
I will fire him an email, he doesn't get into politics much though.

Thanks for the comments, I just wish he had named a brand. Compass asked him the difference between legal and illegal Cubans. Collin said " 9 years". I dropped my cigar laughing my A off.

I listen to him daily as well. He may mean pre-embargo, what a box of those would cost a ton. My guess is he's using some wrong words.

If enough of us email Colin about the proposed tax he may talk about it for a few minutes. He will go off topic on occasion.

That's what I was gonna suggest.. heck even I listen to him.. LOL

Ask him what they were in the email and maybe he'll say.

O.K this is weird, just went to a new B&M for the first time, and they had 'legal Cubans'. I asked what they were and they said they were cigars from before the embargo that had been sitting in a warehouse down in Miami. They had four boxes, didn't recognize the brand, and one box was maduros. They wanted $11 a stick. I thought it was total :BS. Also found a beatle hole in one of the tats they had, so I left.

O.K this is weird, just went to a new B&M for the first time, and they had 'legal Cubans'. I asked what they were and they said they were cigars from before the embargo that had been sitting in a warehouse down in Miami. They had four boxes, didn't recognize the brand, and one box was maduros. They wanted $11 a stick. I thought it was total :BS. Also found a beatle hole in one of the tats they had, so I left.
If they were $11 it was BS. Also, I don't believe maduros were made in Cuba back then, very confident, but won't say that is a fact.

The pre-embargo Montecristos at Corona are 3 figures per cigar.

Yep, that's bs if I ever heard it! Sounds similar to the Pinar "find". :rolleyes: They should also mention how thier cousin's, uncle's brother-in-law knows a guy that can get them? :r

Last edited:
jeez, am i the only one here who thinks cowherd's a jack-ass? really don't enjoy his uber-opinionated rants, even for such a low-brow medium as sports talk radio...

jeez, am i the only one here who thinks cowherd's a jack-ass? really don't enjoy his uber-opinionated rants, even for such a low-brow medium as sports talk radio...

Most guys other than DP take some time getting used to, I get can get tired of Collin from time to time, but he is one of the best, he gets great ratings.

It may be low-brow, but it is one of the highest -if not thee highest- in terms of educated, income earning, audience demographics of all the radio genre.

a low-brow medium as sports talk radio...
Low brow? Have you seen tv, lateley? :r

Do you know how many stations have been saved from going dark because of sports radio? I am an avid listener to sports radio, so I guess I am in that "low-brow" catagory as well. I am blessed to live in an area with one of the best sports stations in the country and the shows are terrific, both local, regional and national. I am not a fan of Cowherd and his "uber-opinionated rants" but guess what. It's his show and his name is on the title of the show so don't you think his show is supposed to be about his opinions. I think so.

Billy Packer's son, Mark Packer(The Pacman) hosts a show that is heard all over NC and SC and it THE best show on radio, imo. He has guests from Ric Flair to Roy Williams to President Carter to Brooke Burke. And yes, it's a sports-talk show.

And what Lanthor said is correct. Check out the demographics of listeners of talk radio. Well educated, above average salary, etc. Radio was designed for this exact genre, sharing information and learning. Not these horrible stations that get paid to play a bunch of mindless crap music. :2

The only thing worth listening to is sports radio.

I listen to music on xm where I can tune in exactly what I want, but on the am dial it is ESPN all the way.

I listen to music on xm where I can tune in exactly what I want, but on the am dial it is ESPN all the way.

Exactly! No stations around here play the music I like and I won't pay for radio, so what's left? Glad I love talk radio! :D

BTW, the station I am referring to is www.wfnz.com. Primetime w/ The Pacman airs Mon-Fri 3-7pm eastern. Also, the morning show is freaking hilarious!

I heard the comment by Colin the other day, it's quite clear that Colin doesn't know very much about cigars. The only legal cubans in the US would be those made with pre embargo tobacco. You're not going to buy pre embargo cuban cigars for $10-$15.

Low brow? Have you seen tv, lateley? :r

Do you know how many stations have been saved from going dark because of sports radio? I am an avid listener to sports radio, so I guess I am in that "low-brow" catagory as well. I am blessed to live in an area with one of the best sports stations in the country and the shows are terrific, both local, regional and national. I am not a fan of Cowherd and his "uber-opinionated rants" but guess what. It's his show and his name is on the title of the show so don't you think his show is supposed to be about his opinions. I think so.

Billy Packer's son, Mark Packer(The Pacman) hosts a show that is heard all over NC and SC and it THE best show on radio, imo. He has guests from Ric Flair to Roy Williams to President Carter to Brooke Burke. And yes, it's a sports-talk show.

And what Lanthor said is correct. Check out the demographics of listeners of talk radio. Well educated, above average salary, etc. Radio was designed for this exact genre, sharing information and learning. Not these horrible stations that get paid to play a bunch of mindless crap music. :2

oh, don't get me wrong - i listen to my share of sports radio too. and believe me, i'm not defending TV at all. cowherd just really rubs me the wrong way.

Back