Confession time.

JaKaAch

HopenchangeHopenchange
A short story, related to the confession.

I am working at this glass factory for a contractor that is rebuilding a conveyor system. One of the plant employees is on our crew as a helper/go-fer. I noticed that every morning he went through several cups of coffee, he even told me where the big Bunn coffee maker was and to help myself. I asked him if he had ever used a French Press? His answer was no. That’s when I told him about the coffee forum on this cigar forum I visit once in a while….

That’s when his eyes lit up and he said I like cigars too!! Well I had to ask what he liked to smoke. He said Macanudo’s, Montecristo’s and Cubans when on vacations.

So last Wednesday while getting ready for work I grab a bag and start digging through a couple of my humidors. I had to bomb the guy right; I mean most everyone here would do the same? A 5er ought to get him on the edge of the slope.

Here’s where I feel the need to confess. I get to work and take the bag out of my lunch box and see a Padron 3000 in the bag. I had that little devil sitting on my left shoulder saying “You aren’t going to give that one away are you?? That’s one of your faves.”
I almost listened to that evil doer, but then the good guy a little Santa sitting on my other shoulder said “Hey, don’t be selfish you have a couple left at home, you know this newbie will enjoy it.”

I went ahead and gave him the 5er, Padron included. It was worth it to see the big smile when I handed him the bag of cigars. Plus the next day I got a short review on the Padron. He said that he really liked it.

Forgive me for thinking of hogging the Padron. I won’t let it happen again.
Padrons are good for slapping around a newbie. :D

Your not alone buddy. When I got my partner at work started on smoking cigars I had the same thing happen. We were at work sitting out in the bay playing cards and I decided to fire one up. He asked if I had another one and I looked in my little travel humi and the only thing I had sitting in there was one of my last CAO MX2 and I almost didn't want to give it up. But then I got to thinking about if my uncle had done the same thing several years ago I wouldn't be smoking the way I do now.
You did good brother:tu

I wouldn't sweat the Padron 3000. They are inexpensive enough to bomb newbies with. Good job on pushing another guy down the slope!

I figured this was your "I'm coming out of the closet confession". I was mistaken, I'll stay tuned for that one. :r

You did the right thing bro! Sit back and relish in the knowledge that it was the kind of generosity that you displayed that makes our hobby and the jungle grrrrreat!

You did the right thing bro! Sit back and relish in the knowledge that it was the kind of generosity that you displayed that makes our hobby and the jungle grrrrreat!
:tpd::tpd::tpd: Great gesture! That is exactly what the spirit of the jungle is all about.:ss A little ringy dingy for you.:tu

A Padron!!! What are you nuts???? Just Kidding. I have thought that a couple times with some guys. Wondering if I was wasting a smoke I knew I would appreciate. Every time though they have come back naming that specific one as a great smoke that they enjoyed.

Nice post, and you did the right thing! This past weekend while at a Cigar bar in WI I was talking and a couple of young gentlemen sat down next to us, and the one was just starting to get into cigars... So i proceeded to answer many questions he had and also suggesting a few cigars for him to try that hopefully hit his pallet well. I also gave him my card with clubstogie written on it, so hopefully soon we will have a new baby gorilla in these woods!

I had a similiar experience and I looked at the cigars and thought,,,,,ahh f#$##@ him and kept them...
\

Jerry ( I have no friends) in Minnesota.

WTG Bother! I think those thoughts cross all of our minds at one time or another.

Gifting items that you really love with the hope that the recipiant will find as much pleasure in it as you is the ultimate goal right? Doesnt matter if it's a $1 item or $10 item!

The fact that you like it and want to share it is all that matters!!

Back