Connoisseur's guide to the world's finest cigars

D. Generate

El Dudarino
I was in the gents at work and found an issue of FHM. While perusing it for some nipples, I stumbled across this guide. I thought I'd share the knowledge with you.

Montecristo No. 4

They refer to the 'classic Montecristo flavour' which is then described as smoking crushed Terry's chocolate orange mixed with soil before switching to spicy vanilla halfway through. The only problem they note is that you'll have to fiddle with it a lot due to it's uneven burn. Can be yours for £9.20

Ramon Allones Belicoso

I have to admit I was surprised to see this one here. 'Fat vein-free and brown this medium-strength tube tastes like burnt honey until the very end-at which point it becomes a test of wills: man versus unrelenting cigar.' They recommend pairing it with a Bordeaux red wine.

Charlatan Corona Tubo

This Dominican cigar gets their best buy label at the bargain price of £5. They like it for the white pepper flavour and the easy draw that 'won't hurt your lungs.'

Partagas Serie D No. 4

They compare it to a latte: creamy with a sharp kick. Goes well with a post-meal whisky because 'it isn't so strong that the inside of your mouth feels like it's weeping bloody tears'.

Montecristo Petit Edmundo

This cigar gets raves in the flavour department with 'fumes of a Cadbury chocolate factory on fire'. But be careful to only smoke it on a full stomach because of its strength. They also mention that it's a fast burner and will only last 30 minutes.

Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto

They really love the band on this one. The flavour is described as mild and woody at the start and salty at the end. The one flaw is it will keep going out on you.

Ashton virgin Sun Grown Belicoso

Another non-Cuban to be snatched up at £12.70. They again love the band, but the real draw is the sharply pointed end. They warn the strength is so strong, you should work up to this one.

Romeo y Julieta Churchill

Described as a 'stiff seven inches of class' which demonstrates why you should never actually read FHM. The flavours are of burnt matchstick tips crushed in chocolate milkshake. Beware though: find one that's been in a humidor for three years or else it will be dry. Helpfully, they do point out that 1998 was a good year.

Cohiba Esplendido

The world's finest cigar tastes like mushrooms mixed with hickory nuts. As a service to the readers they do point out that they are heavily counterfeited so look for ones with white squares rather than dots. Hey, it's something. Given that their target audience has a proclivity towards a pastime rumoured to cause blindness; we can't expect micro-printing information.

Montecristo A

It's in the Guinness Book of Records! But try to find one with at least eight months in a humidor. A tad pricey at £39.60.

And that brings this guide to a close. Eat your heart out Min Ron Nee! Your book doesn't even have nipples!

Described as a 'stiff seven inches of class' which demonstrates why you should never actually read FHM.

Line of the year, may be my new signature....hilarious!!

Great write-up, thanks!

Back