Consuegra Principale #73 EMS (My first review)

Munt

Maturing Primate
Consuegra Principale #73 EMS

Let me start by saying I know that Consuegra are either loved or hated by the community. Let me say that I am a member that loves these cigars.

Setting up the situation. It is about 3:00 in the afternoon and I have a thermos of black coffee and I am sitting in my man-shed watching "The propositition."

This cigar has about 4 months of age in my coolerdor. If smoked right off of the shelf they can be quite acidic, but I feel they flourish with about 3 months. They classify these cigars as Medium to Full but even for a lightweght like me these always seem very light. Flavour is very one dimensional, Lots of cedar flavour, a little chocolatey, and for my liking no spice. (I said I was a lightweight!)

Construction is well done. Cigar is not the prettiest, small veins but no major veins to be concerned of. The wrapper is somewhat multicoloured. Cigar is firm, not to tight and definitely not spongey. I'd say perfect for my taste.

Lit it up with a torch and right off, the burn is perfect. It tends to wander a little but always self-corrects. Very little change in flavour and stays a nice chocolatey flavour when the smoke is held for a few seconds in the mouth. On exhale through the nose a nice cedar flavour that is light and consistant. The rest of the smoke stays the same, increasing a little but nothing to do a ful review over.

For me personally, this is the cigar with the flavour that allows me to understand why I smoke cigars. I would recommend these cigars to anyone who enjoys mild cigars except I'd hate for these to come hard to find.

Definitely my favourite smoke.

Nice review! I bought my first "Bundle" of Consuegras on special from www.mikescigars.com. They were on special and were highly recommended as a "Smooth, mild smoke", so I picked them up! I often smoke one of these to get the bitterness out of my mouth from smoking an occasional "Dog Rocket" that I happen to try. Very nice, mild smoke IMHO!

:tu

Good review :tu

Connies have always been a guilty pleasure; I love these damn cigars! Caveat Emptor: I often get the fizz/pops when I smoke these - perhaps indicative of beetle larvae (?). So in order to be on the safe side, I always freeze the suckers. Great cheap sticks though!

Nice review.
I enjoy Consuegra cigars a lot, especially the #17 maduro. I was think of getting the #73 in mad but maybe I'll think about the EMS now.

Thanks for the review Munt. The #73 is size 6x54. I have a few #30's 5.25x50 sitting in the humi since 09/2005. You know what? The Consuegra line may not be the "best looking" cigar around, but I think its a really nice little smoke. Especially after it has sat for awhile in your humi. Good aroma, taste, copious amounts of smoke depending on which # you smoke, good draw, and you can't complain about the burn (or price)...:ss

Back