Contest: Come up with a roadtrip CD

clampdown

Crack House Tent
A friend of mine and myself are planning a road trip to Miami to visit my dad. Now, I have Sirius, but a good mix road trip cd cant be beat. So I ask that you come up with the best roadtrip cd you can think of. You can choose up to twenty songs, and there can be no repeat bands. These songs must be not only great to listen to, but also great to have blasting with the windows down and singing out loud. All entries must be submitted by this Sunday at 10 pm. I will choose a winner and will send out your winnings on Monday.

Post the bands and songs as such: Example below
Beatles: Get Back

Secondly, only one entry per person

Third, post here telling me you have pm me your answer. All entries must be submitted by pm so that entries can remain secret until 10 pm.

Good luck to all. And enjoy, this should be fun.

Brian
aka Clampdown

Last edited:
Since these are not my lists, this is not a valid entry but just some information that may help get some tunes together.

Here is what I do to solve the music situation on road trips.

I record my favorite commercial free radio station off of the internet onto my 4GB iPod Nano using a very inexpensive and legal software package called iFill. It can record multiple streams and adds the Artist and Song Title as well as separating the songs so that they are not just one huge file on the iPod. I can usually fit 500-600 songs @ 128 kbps. As I am tooling down the road I have the option to skip songs or repeat as needed.

Just in case you weren't aware the iTunes store has many complilations. It's not that you have to buy them from the iTunes store but one can certainly view the precompiled lists to get some ideas.

Here is list 1 under the heading of Road Trip

(Get Your Kicks On) Route 66-King Cole Trio
Born to Be Wild-Steppenwolf
Life Is a Highway-Rascal Flatts
On the Road Again-Willie Nelson
King of the Road-Roger Miller
Crosstown Traffic-The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Roadhouse Blues-The Doors
America-Simon & Garfunkel
Take It Easy-Eagles
Where the Streets Have No Name-U2
Truckin'-Grateful Dead
Ramblin' Man-The Allman Brothers Band
Highway Star-Deep Purple
Ventura Highway-America
No Particular Place to Go-Chuck Berry
Country Roads (live)-John Denver
Up Around the Bend-Creedence Clearwater Revival
Running On Empty-Jackson Browne
Cruisin' (Extended)-Smokey Robinson
The Wanderer-Dion
Low Rider-War
Slow Ride (Single Version)-Foghat
Rockin' down the Highway-The Doobie Brothers
Panama-Van Halen

Here is list 2

Cars-Gary Numan
Runnin' Down a Dream-Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Roll on Down the Highway-Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Here I Go Again-Whitesnake
Freeway of Love -Aretha Franklin
On the Road Again-Canned Heat
Take the Long Way Home-Supertramp
I Can't Drive 55-Sammy Hagar
Carefree Highway-Gordon Lightfoot
The Passenger-Iggy Pop
Roam-The B-52's
Keep On Truckin'-Eddie Kendricks
Everyday Is a Winding Road-Sheryl Crow
Fast Car -Tracy Chapman
Road Trippin'-Red Hot Chili Peppers
Drivin' My Life Away-Eddie Rabbitt
Drive-Incubus
Forty Miles of Bad Road-Duane Eddy
Ballad of Easy Rider-The Byrds
I'm a Ramblin' Man-Waylon Jennings
Behind the Wheel-Depeche Mode
Amarillo by Morning-George Strait
Drive (For Daddy Gene)-Alan Jackson
I Am the Highway-Audioslave

iTunes also has a section called Charts that features top songs listed by year going back to 1946. I use these often when I am preparing a family photo archive and placing them on DVDs with the year appropriate soundtrack for each set of photos.

Good luck with your contest and have fun on your trip.

—Richard

Musical tastes are highly personal but music is universal.

Now remember everyone, this is a mix cd of different songs and artists. Not just a cd with one song on it, or one artists album. Good luck to everyone, there have already been some great entries.

There's so much great music on Sirius that personnally, I wouldn't need a road mix. Some of my favs are The Coffee House (30), The Underground Garage (25) Classic Vinyl (14) and The Vault (16).

There's so much great music on Sirius that personnally, I wouldn't need a road mix. Some of my favs are The Coffee House (30), The Underground Garage (25) Classic Vinyl (14) and The Vault (16).

I do agree, and 25 and 14 are on my saved list, but its always good to have one in case you are in a sirius-less car.

Back