Cooledor Lining

elderboy02

SilverBack
Ok.... It is time to get a coolidor. I have outgrown my 4 humidors. I am going to get some empty cigar boxes and break them up. I am going to stick the pieces to the inside cooler walls. What should I use to get the cedar panels to stick to the walls of the cooler? Epoxy?

Ok.... It is time to get a coolidor. I have outgrown my 4 humidors. I am going to get some empty cigar boxes and break them up. I am going to stick the pieces to the inside cooler walls. What should I use to get the cedar panels to stick to the walls of the cooler? Epoxy?

You will just lose storage space. The boxes that the cigars come in will provide more than enough cedar.

1/4" spanish and (opaque white) hot glue in the corners. If you really want to get fancy, you could rabbet the four corners and use TB3, and friction-fit the baby. I did that on my first cooler.

I actually just dropped the Spanish cedar on the sides and bottom, and velcroed some to the top.

It is not necessary to add cedar to your cooler. Store you singles in closed boxes. 65% beads and you are set. :2

I just put cedar shelves in the slots of my cooler (it stands upright) and that is all the cedar I need. If you have enough empty boxes for your cingles you should have nothing to worry about. I store some of my singles in a tuperware container with no lid in the cooler, and I have never had a problem.

I am going to put the 65% heartfelt beads in there. So, if I close the lids on the boxes, will any humidity get into the box? Should I keep the lid open?

It is not necessary to add cedar to your cooler. Store you singles in closed boxes. 65% beads and you are set. :2

I am going to put the 65% heartfelt beads in there. So, if I close the lids on the boxes, will any humidity get into the box? Should I keep the lid open?

:tpd: This is the way to do it. If cigars weren't OK stored with the lids closed the boxes wouldn't arrive with the seals intact in the first place. Don't make a simple storage plan complicated. :2

Closed boxes are actually better for storage. Humidity will be more stable after everything has settled down. RH moves through the boxes more slowly, so your smokes dont go through drop or rise in Rh every time you open the cooler. :tu

I guess I could just store the various singles in a box with the box lid open.

This is what I am doing at the moment with my singles. But, I am thinking about making a shelf out of spanish cedar like in a humi. I'm thinking I could take apart a few boxes, nail/glue them to a wood frame that will fit within the cooler. Make slots in the cedar for air circulation. I doubt it will be pretty, but it should be functional so I can see my singles in one view without digging through the boxes.

Back