Cooler/Cigar Boxes help

yamaha6000

Free to Choose
Hey all, all of my humidors are full and am going tonight to buy a cooler. I saved all of my boxes and want to put all of my cigars back into their original box to put in the cooler. The question I have is, with all of my boxes being dried out, should I moisten them up with distilled water like seasoning a humidor or just put em in the cooler and let em absorb moisture like that? Thanks.

Wipe them down with distilled water, just as you would a humidor. Mainly to get the dust off, but to "season" them as well. Don't forget to wash the cooler and let it air out for a couple days prior to filling it.

A new cooler with a bunch of dry boxes will take awhile to get up to your desired humidity. I have 120 quart coolers and even when just putting a couple of dry empty boxes in them, the humidity will drop for quite some time. I started spraying the boxes with distilled water and this helps quite a bit.

WyoBob

Yes I know I've been falling down the slope pretty fast lately ever since I discovered Cbid. One more question, Is it necessary to line the cooler with spanish cedar? I searched for it and am not sure what people are doing that for.

Yes I know I've been falling down the slope pretty fast lately ever since I discovered Cbid. One more question, Is it necessary to line the cooler with spanish cedar? I searched for it and am not sure what people are doing that for.

The cedar isn't neccessary if you're using boxes to store your sticks. The boxes alone will do the trick or get some trays from bargainhumidors.com. Just don't leave your sticks touching plastic.

The cedar isn't neccessary if you're using boxes to store your sticks. The boxes alone will do the trick or get some trays from bargainhumidors.com. Just don't leave your sticks touching plastic.
Thanks abunch guys, I found this answer in my search finally also, :D.

Back