Coolidor

Freight Train

Dark Knight
i am working on my coolidor. Is it necessary to put cigars boxes in the cooler or can i just put the cigars in by theirself? Thanks for any help you might give!

Cigar boxes take up more space meaning your humdification system has less area to humdify....at least that's my take. Should be able to get a few boxes for free at the B&M you frequent.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with just storing cigars in the cooler.

Put the loose sticks in 5 finger bags and buy a couple plastic bins from Target or Lowes. The sticks don't get damaged and the bins still keep everything organized.

i am working on my coolidor. Is it necessary to put cigars boxes in the cooler or can i just put the cigars in by theirself? Thanks for any help you might give!

The boxes should help retain humidity (unless using the flimsy cardboard type). I use them more for organization though. It can be a bit of a hassle with a ton of loose cigars rolling around in the bottom (learned from experience with my first cooler)

The boxes should help retain humidity (unless using the flimsy cardboard type). I use them more for organization though. It can be a bit of a hassle with a ton of loose cigars rolling around in the bottom (learned from experience with my first cooler)
:tpd::tpd::tpd:Each time you open the cooler you will lose/gain humidity depending on where you live. The advantage of using boxes is that the Rh in the boxes will remain fairly stable. There are several vendors that sell different size cedar boxes, but most of the ones you can get from your B&M should work fine. If they dont give them away, you can often pick them up for a buck or two each. :tu

I don't want to highjack the thread but I am thinking about getting a cooler to make a coolidor instead of my two smaller humidors because I hear they keep better humidity. would it be dumb to just put the humidors inside the cooler? If I do this I will have to get more beads to put in the cooler. Could I just put beads in the humidors and in the cooler or would it work if the beads were just in the cooler?
TIA

I think you would just end up wasting space putting a humidor INSIDE of your cooler.

Not very efficient use of space. Like some others suggested go get some plastic bins or cigar boxes and fill those up instead.

Use the other humidors for dry box use or whatever else.

Use the boxes...especially if they are the spanish cedar ones..you need them in your coolidor anyhow..that's why your humidor is spanish cedar lined and not just a plastic box.

Back