crappy humidor

southjerzgt

Young Ape
so i bought this small humidor for 39 bucks, worst decision i ever made, the thing was so cheaply made, it was a don salvatore or some name like that, i couldnt even program the analog hydrometer, the directions were written for a different hydrometer so i had no clue where to start, and when i did try to turn the stupid coil to program it, the needle just bounced back, and then when i opened it the next morning the humidifier device was laying up side down on the bottom of the cedar floor LOL so i returned it and bough one of those BOVEDA packets and threw it in a zip clock bag with my cigars and put it in my aztec chest thing lol

I don't know how much you wan't to spend on a humidor but this is the one I have in my truck,and it is a good one,it's the Madison.http://www.bonitasmokeshop.com/craftsmen_bench_cigar_humidors_3.htm
Madisonsmall%20copy.jpg

so i bought this small humidor for 39 bucks, worst decision i ever made, the thing was so cheaply made, it was a don salvatore or some name like that, i couldnt even program the analog hydrometer, the directions were written for a different hydrometer so i had no clue where to start, and when i did try to turn the stupid coil to program it, the needle just bounced back, and then when i opened it the next morning the humidifier device was laying up side down on the bottom of the cedar floor LOL so i returned it and bough one of those BOVEDA packets and threw it in a zip clock bag with my cigars and put it in my aztec chest thing lol

on the analog when cal.. the meter will bounce back... i really did never understand that part of cal.. but anyway onto the humidifer.. yep im assuming that this humidor came with velcro to hold your humidifiers.. they sucks as you found out i had that same problem in my early days, but i see you decided to go with the boveda packets.. good choice :tu or yeah when you decide to get another humidor, dont waste your time with the analog hygrometer, just get a digital... good hunting... :dr

No matter what, never ever trust an analog hygrometer. They are notorious for being WAY off, even sometimes after calibration. Get yourself a digital hygrometer (Western III is my -- and lots of other's -- favorite).

The real worth of a humidor is whether or not it holds the humidity like it's supposed to, not whether or not the attached hygrometer is any good.

not that I'm advertising for them but I am on my 5th humidor from cheaphumidors.com the prices are lower than anywhere ive seen. Good quality all seal tight with what they call sure seal technology, spanish cedar etc. they even have blemish ones super cheap. I ordered beads from them and ups damaged the box the beads came out and they sent me another order of beads pronto no questions asked. I recommend them highly, good service. :2

drawfour is right- the only thing that really matters in a humi is whether or not it holds humidity. You might not have a bad humi but you sound like you have hygro/humidifier problems. Get some beads and don't worry about the hygro. When you wet the beads down give it a few days without opening and see if the beads are clear or white. If it holds humidity relatively well you will see the beads still have a good amount of moisture left and you will know its holding at least some kinda humidity. I have used beads in many situations (cigar boxes, ziplocks,tupperware, my good humi, my bad humi) they always keep humidity at 65% its just a matter of how long they last before needing a recharge.

I actually have a Don Salvatore 100 count that was gifted to me, and other than having 70% beads that can never seem to get higher than 68% (which I actually prefer), I have no problem with it.

I think its pretty understood around these parts, that analog hygrometers are shytte.

I got myself a fluker's digital, which works great.

We have some really great humidors at www.cigartoyz.com come on over and check us out

Definately take that analog hygrometer and... well... break it for pleasure.

Purchase a digital hygrometer. I bought one at Wal-Mart that is very nice for like twelve bucks.

Only solution for a cheap humidor, however, is to upgrade... :ss

Visit us at www.cigartoyz.com for quality humidors. Lowest prices in the industry

All nine of your posts have basically been the same one-line sales pitch.

We get it... you sell cigar accessories.

Robert

Plus in this thread, he responded to the exact same post twice, each with a different sentence. So it's not an issue of a "double-post" where someone clicks "Submit Reply", it doesn't respond immediately, and clicks again. That's annoying.

All nine of your posts have basically been the same one-line sales pitch.

We get it... you sell cigar accessories.

Robert

Sorry Smokey Bob just trying to get the word out on a new website with low prices for the cigar aficionado. We will lay off in the public threads. If you need anything please PM us. :ss

Cigartoyz.com

Sorry Smokey Bob just trying to get the word out on a new website with low prices for the cigar aficionado. We will lay off in the public threads. If you need anything please PM us. :ss

Cigartoyz.com

:r That's laying off? Too funny.

Cigartoyz.com

Trust me - The word is out. :hn

Yeah, that isn't the best way to represent your company. It comes off as a bit douche-y. In fact, after looking at all of his other posts today, it is so douche-y that you can literally smell the vinegar. Yay subversive (or not so much) advertising.

Back