Cuban Crafters 12 Sampler

etw926

Maturing Primate
I just received my shipment of samplers today from Cuban Crafters. How long will the cigars hold up in the wooden box that I received them in?

That depends on several factors. The seal and type of box. The conditions that the box is sitting in. At what level of humidity the cigars came from (some vendors ship at a high humidity). On and on. I would set yourself up a simple tupperware container if you don't have anything else to put the cigars in. Grab a tuppware that the cigars will fit into, and use a bit of distilled water in a small container or floral foam. It will be better than nothing. Be sure to open the tupperware every once and a while to let it breathe. Also, I would only look at this for a short term storage option.

Oh, and by the way...Welcome to CS! :) Be sure to check out the "New Gorilla Forum" and the Newbie Sampler Trade. Enjoy, and good luck! ;)

etw926 said:
I just received my shipment of samplers today from Cuban Crafters. How long will the cigars hold up in the wooden box that I received them in?

If they are anything like mine have been from them (in a tabaclera esteli red/orange box) then not long at all. that box is crappy cheap chipboard [so no nice cedar smell]-the construction is also rubbish [my friend broke one of mine very easily] and the slide lid top often offers very little seal. i would get them to a humi as quick as possible. however you do not need to worry too much as CC storetheir cigars at 80% humidity so that they will arrive and be able to be kept at a better RH for a while out of the humi. hope that helps.

Back