Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Cortez Tubo

jjirons69

Son of Evil Emperor Zurg
5.5" x 48
Sungrown Cameroon

This one of those cigars when you spot it, you think, damn, this thing is going to be good. Look how nice it's packaged. Lots of love involved. It is a beauty. Out of the glass tube, it feels kinda light. You know how some sticks are dense and heavy, not this one. The cap is tripled wrapped from the end of the wrapper. It's slightly toothy. The smell is good and a taste of the cap gives a sweet flavor. Sadly enough for me, that was about it. It tastes woodsy and lots of tobacco flavor. The draw was good. Lots of smoke. The flavor never really changed, though. Pretty much the same all the way, except right before I put her down. Since it was not dense, it started to burn hot and got a little bitter. I thought spicy at first, but more bitter. I even let it rest longer than normal and tried to purge the heat out. Never recovered though. The burn was not consistant either, kinda up and down on either side. I caught it back up several times. Probably due to the light roll, again.

Don't think I'd buy a box. Maybe a 6.5/10. YMMV.

Ted (Tedrodgerscpa) invited me to the one year anni of The Maduro Room in Columbia, SC. I picked it up there from the sales rep to try. So, for a free stick..ahhh...still not too impressed. It is pretty, though.

fino1.jpg

fino2.jpg

fino3.jpg

fino4.jpg

fino5.jpg

fino6.jpg

fino7.jpg

fino8.jpg

fino9.jpg

Nice review. Thanks for the pics. I recently had a Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Stanfords Reserve Cameroon. It followed a similar pattern. Beautiful cigar and presentation. Nice one dimensional flavor resulting in a feeling of I wouldn't turn one down but wouldn't go out of my way to buy one either.

Back