Curing of Tobacco

tzaddi

jardinero de la selva
Some of you might know of my interest in growing tobacco from the thread "Cigar Birthing". Those that have followed the thread, grown or plan on growing their own tobacco or just have an interest in such things know how critical and complex curing/drying tobacco can be. If not, let me tell you that it's the stage where so many things can go wrong, leading to frustration.

Within the endeavor to locate definitive knowledge concerning the process of curing I came across the following website. It appears to be an eastern Indian co-op sponsored by a commercial fertilizer company. It has proved to be a wealth of information.

The following is the link to the Curing information, I suggest you save/print it out to a PDF from your browser if the information is important to you. As is the case, sometimes websites change or disappear over time. (the following bolded text are links)

Curing

Using the search engine on the homepage at the website you will find other information such as;

Morphology of Tobacco- Types of Tobacco, Botanical Classifications

Intercultural Operations- Different Soils, Weeding, Topping, Desuckering.

Harvesting And Storage

Best Wishes with your growing experience.

—Richard

You keep providing us with great information and pictures, your RG will get bigger than your post count. I'm not allowed to give you any more RG these days... =P

Back