Cusano 10th Anniversary

White97Jimmy

Expresso - Frickin' 81
I was bombed with this Cusano by cigar_040 the other day. I never had one before, so this was something to try for the first time.

Overall, this is a decent stick. I believe these go for about $6 per stick. This is a bit more than I would pay for this cigar, but by no means is way overpriced.

Construction was good. I did notice that the wrapper is delicate and cracked in a few places after handling it a bit. This could have also been because of the warm sunny weather. Clipped it with my Palio and had a nice clean cut. From the beginning through 2/3rds in, it was the same flavor throughout. A nice mellow flavor, kind of reminded me a bit of a subtle CAO Cameroon. The last third turned into a peppery finish. It became a little harsh at the end. I tossed it with just over an inch left.

Good smoke for the money. Try one!

Construction 7/10
Draw 9/10
Flavor 7/10
Burn 8/10

Thanks for the review. A Cusano rep gave me a sample stick at a local cigar event. He said the taste is similar to the Cuban Monte #4. The construction was good, but I just don't like the flavors. It definitely does not have the same taste as the Monte #4.

Did you have the petit corona or the robusto? I've found them both pretty decent, with the smaller one decidedly more powerful.

Back