Cusano 18 Paired Maduro Robusto

illinoishoosier

Will Whore for Cigars
Been staring at this stick for a little over three months now and it was time to put it to death.

Nice looking stick. Wrapper was in great shape and no blemishes. Pre lit aroma was a good tobacco smell, with a hint of wood(cedar?)

Lit it up and had no issues with the burn. It did want to burn uneven, but corrected itself with no touching up.

Love the flavor on this one. Light spice, with that cedary taste coming through. Never got too strong, but stayed consistent throught the smoke. I nubbed it down to 1/2" before it started getting bitter.

Ash was a nice salt and pepper color and tight. Draw was perfect. Put out a decent amount of smoke as well, which had a nice "wood burning" smell to it. Every now and then, I'd get a nice sweet taste.

All in all, I give this one 4 out of 5.

:ss:ss:ss:ss

Great review :tu

Had a few of these when I started smoking cigars one year ago. Pretty darn good stick!! Maybe I should have another..........hmmmmmm

Been staring at this stick for a little over three months now and it was time to put it to death.

I had one of these today. Peppery for the first third with an occasional hint of adobo at the back of the mouth. The maduro wrapper sparkled in the sunlight like fine, weathered leather - very nice bloom. Took it to the nub and even then I didn't want to let it go. No bitterness in this particular stick.

I had been worried, because I inadvertently over hydrated the stick a few weeks back, so there was a small split at the head. But the weather was incredible with no wind and a clear sky, so I sat on the front porch soaking in the sun and had a wonderful hour-long smoke in the brisk, 41 degree Oregon air.

I rate this stick pretty high for a casual smoke and think that it holds its own with some of the more expensive ones that I have, even a CC Partagas 8-9-8, of which I have a box of ages 1998s. I have another 3 in the cooler and will probably start looking around for another 5-er or a box.

Nice review, and yes, those are good smokes. I bought a mazo of 6 about a year ago and checked my humi after reading your review to discover I have only one remaining.:hn Well, I've sworn off the devil site several times before, one more shouldn't hurt.:ss

F. Prefect

Back