Cusano 18yr Connecticut

scottw

Going Commando
I already posted about the Perdomo I smoked last evening but forgot to review the cigar I had that morning. As stated before, had a hectic time of things lately. My house burned down last year, my wife had a rough preganancy and almost lost the baby. The contractor we hired to rebuild the house went over budget and over time by months. We move into the house, and we have a flood that required $12k in work this past Wed. Needless to say, with our son's first B-day on Sat and no water in the house until Friday afternoon, we were stressed. The party was great and all had fun. I woke up Sunday morning and did something I have never done in my new home. I went outside in my robe with a cup o'joe and the newspaper and was looking for something flavorful yet mild. Cusano delivered.

The cigar clipped well and had a nice prelight smell and draw. Toasted it up to reveal some toasted peanutty smoke that whisped into the air. The draw and burn were right on and although the body of the smoke was mild, it was flavorful and plentiful in volume.

The only thing I find with Connecticuts are that they rarely revolve like a bolder smoke so whereas some may view this as one dimensional, I loved the creamy, nutty smoke that billowed from this gar. All in all, I think this was a great way to start the day and wish I took a pic for all of you. I wouldn't go reaching for this after a steak dinner, but in the morning, I don't think you can lose on this. Hope you enjoy the review and give me your opinion on this one as I'm curious to see if you more experienced gorillas still find enjoyment in the Ct. wrapper.

It is the cigar that got me hooked on smoking and the one mild stick that I always keep a box of for those morning or early afternoon smokes. It happens to be the creamiest cigar I've ever smoked. Can't beat them for something mild.

Nice review Scott, thank you. Here's hoping things get a little easier for you in the near future.

I had a Cusano 18 Double Connecticut not too long ago and enjoyed it very much, although it certainly was more mild than the type I usually go for, even with the double wrapper.

That's one fine smoke!

I smoke all strengths of cigars & this along with the Perdomo Champagne & RP Signature are among my favorites milder cigars. If they weren't so expensive I'd smoke one every morning on my ride to work.

Nice review Scott, thank you. Here's hoping things get a little easier for you in the near future.

I had a Cusano 18 Double Connecticut not too long ago and enjoyed it very much, although it certainly was more mild than the type I usually go for, even with the double wrapper.

I appreciate it, you know what's funny? All the difficulties we faced seemed to fizzle away when I looked in my kitchen and out to my deck and saw the people I love most laughing, talking and enjoying good food, good wine and good cigars. It kind of made me realize that all in all, I am a very lucky man. I also feel lucky to be involved with people of such high caliber as the gorillas found here and I thank you all.

All the difficulties we faced seemed to fizzle away when I looked in my kitchen and out to my deck and saw the people I love most laughing, talking and enjoying good food, good wine and good cigars. It kind of made me realize that all in all, I am a very lucky man.

You said it brother. That is what life is all about. In addition to realizing that which you mention above, one thing that has really helped me when I've had to go through my own tough times is remembering that no matter how terrible things may seem, life has an amazing way of working itself out.

I appreciate it, you know what's funny? All the difficulties we faced seemed to fizzle away when I looked in my kitchen and out to my deck and saw the people I love most laughing, talking and enjoying good food, good wine and good cigars. It kind of made me realize that all in all, I am a very lucky man. I also feel lucky to be involved with people of such high caliber as the gorillas found here and I thank you all.

That's a great attitude. I'm sorry to hear you've had all these troubles, but with in outlook like yours you'll make it through with flying colors.

I've only had one Cusano 18 but liked it very well.

Amen, Brothers. Great review. I really like the Double Connecticut. Probably the only mild smoke I would smoke more often if my local shop carried Cusano. Have you tried the Double Maduro?

Amen, Brothers. Great review. I really like the Double Connecticut. Probably the only mild smoke I would smoke more often if my local shop carried Cusano. Have you tried the Double Maduro?

Haven't had the chance but if it mimmicks this Ct. with a bit more complexity, it has to be a nice smoke.

Haven't had the chance but if it mimmicks this Ct. with a bit more complexity, it has to be a nice smoke.
It has almost a completely different flavor, IMO. I didn't like it at all - it had a bizarre flavor that I can't really describe "cold." I don't know, it was just wierd. But I've found I like the Double Connecticut in general, when I get a good one.

Back