Customer Service at Taboo Cigars

SUOrangeGuy

Alpha Silverback
Rob and Connie at Taboo have the BEST customer service I have ever experienced.

I had an order arrive last week with a very tiny mistake. I sent Rob a PM telling him about it because I knew he was the type of retailer who would want to know.

He sent me two PM's apologizing with a promise to make it right. This was a very small mistake and I think most retailers would have ended with the apology.

The next day I got a call and it was Connie. She wanted to personally apologize because she was the one who packaged my order.

Today a box arrived and inside was a handwritten apology with a big surprise, two AF hemi sigs and two taboo twists.

Who else provides service like this?

Thanks Rob and Connie. You have a customer for life now.

Who else? Nobody. I am going to Dallas in a week and a half for a wedding and I am planning on taking a trip by their store, because they sound so awesome.

That's top notch service right there. I've only placed one order with them and there wasn't a mistake. Dealing with Rob has been a pleasure!!

That's someone that cares about customer service. It's how the problem is fixed... that's what people remember.

Who else? Nobody. I am going to Dallas in a week and a half for a wedding and I am planning on taking a trip by their store, because they sound so awesome.

I'm going to Dallas this weekend and I'm planning on stopping by their store too. I hear so much good stuff about them here!

I've always been impressed with the lengths they go to. The whole operation seems to "get it" from a customer service perspective. I mean, seriously ... making things right is one thing but the deals Rob puts up and the coupon codes and the lucky tickets and the cookies: who does stuff like that?! They're awesome ... I'm starting to include Taboos in all my bombs, PIFs and tag alongs. Spread the word, I say. When Rob takes over the cigar world, we can say we knew him when.

Couldn't agree more! My last order was placed friday afternoon and arrived monday. Totally outstanding!

Just another good report. I saw on thier website that they were offering free shipping on thier bundles of 20 Taboo value line.. and the bundle of 20 was only $10.95 :tu So I went for it. When I went to check out, the shipping was charged at $6.95. I posted about it in a thread that Rob had started in the retailer section, and he said that it WAS a mistake, that the free shipping thing was over, but they forgot to remove it from the website. But, since it was up that way, he was NOT going to charge me shipping! :D NOW THAT is customer service. EVEN WITH shipping, the bundle of $20 woulda only been 17 bucks, but Rob is taking the shipping off. I will DEFINETLY be ordering more from him. There is one company in particular that advertises a $0.50 cigar that ought to take some lessons here.
Scott

Bringing this back up... I ordered a bundle of the Taboo Factory Value Blend #1... I think it was 3 days ago. At that time, on the site, it said free shipping, and the bundle was $11.00. I figured, what the heck. So when I went to check out, it was trying to charge me shipping, so I went ahead with it anyway, because I still thought it was a good deal. I then posted in the retailers forum about the shipping thing, and Rob said that it had been a mistake, that it wasn't supposed to be free shipping anymore, but since it was still up there, he gave me free shipping. And to top it off, the smokes got here today (about 3 days from order to receiving them... ) Rob and Taboo cigars ROCK, as far as I am concerned. I am smoking one of these smokes now. I will throw up a short review of it when I am done, but I am liking it so far.

Props to Rob and Connie!
But I didn't get any cookies :r

Scott

I have a Taboo business card on my desk and the chick on it is smokin hawt.
I think I'm gonna get her tattoed on me. :D

I've both been to his shop and purchased from him on-line. Always get great service and when I go out there, I feel like I think Norm did on "Cheers", not just a customer, but one of the family.

I have three shops closer to me than Rob's, but I don't use them, they're just not the same...

I've both been to his shop and purchased from him on-line. Always get great service and when I go out there, I feel like I think Norm did on "Cheers", not just a customer, but one of the family.

I have three shops closer to me than Rob's, but I don't use them, they're just not the same...

I can only WISH to live that close to Robs place!
Scott

Man, I'm getting more excited about visiting their store this weekend! Hopefully if Dallas isn't covered in snow I can make it in tomorrow. :tu

Back