Cutter Choices-Palio vs Xikar

Cutter Preference

• Xikar

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Palio

Votes: 48 57.8%
  • Don't care about either, I punch mine.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Any old cutter works for me.

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters

Cigar Hound

Reading More Posting Less
How many people prefer the Palio over the Xikar? I've got two Xikars and really like them, when they're not broken. I've had to replace the springs on both of my Xikars, so I've just ordered a Palio. I think I'll be more pleased with the Palio, but I was curious if most people had a preference or not?

How many people prefer the Palio over the Xikar? I've got two Xikars and really like them, when they're not broken. I've had to replace the springs on both of my Xikars, so I've just ordered a Palio. I think I'll be more pleased with the Palio, but I was curious if most people had a preference or not?

I don't have either, but it seems like most people here prefer the Palio from what I've read.

i have a xikar that has ran well for two years. cant really complain cause of the lifetime warrentee either.

probably will get a palio though, just for the sake of having two cutters.

I've never used a Palio, but my Xikar keeps breaking--at least when my drunk a$$ keeps dropping it. Thank god for their excellent warranty service ;)

I've had to replace the springs on both of my Xikars

Let them replace the springs! I have seen two swapped out no questions asked in the past month. You can only tie with their guarantee...lifetime means lifetime with them. I don't think they even have some bogus abuse clause. They are legit from my experiences. I have used a punch for a long time, but bought a Xikar the instant I saw them replace a broken one.

Flip side is I have seen them broken...but eventually they all get dull, so it may not be a bad thing either.

Edit:
Checked out http://www.paliocutters.com/warranty

Looks like the two Mercedes of cutters to me. You can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Let them replace the springs! I have seen two swapped out no questions asked in the past month. You can only tie with their guarantee...lifetime means lifetime with them. I don't think they even have some bogus abuse clause. They are legit from my experiences. I have used a punch for a long time, but bought a Xikar the instant I saw them replace a broken one.

Flip side is I have seen them broken...but eventually they all get dull, so it may not be a bad thing either.

Edit:
Checked out http://www.paliocutters.com/warranty

Looks like the two Mercedes of cutters to me. You can't go wrong.

When I said I've had to replace the springs on both, I meant I had sent them back in for repair. They have a great warranty on the Xikar, I would just prefer not to have to use it so often!:tu

owner of an Xikar X2 and X3...much prefer the X3...Solid feel and great cut. I've used the Palio a few times, but most of the people I know have said the Palio came apart.

I have never had to send my Xikar back for service yet...but I have the address.

You cant go wrong with either one as they are both excellent cutters

When I said I've had to replace the springs on both, I meant I had sent them back in for repair. They have a great warranty on the Xikar, I would just prefer not to have to use it so often!:tu

No brother...you should not have to send it back. They give you a new one on the spot. Same as the Paloi link I posted...if your Xikar Dealer does not understand the warrantee, write Xikar. It is supposed to be hassel free for you.

Assuming of course you don't consider going to a cigar store a hassle lol.

I've only had Xikar and have had no problems, but from all I've read here about the Palio I think I'm going to try one out (may order one right now)-the review from ca21455 pushed me over the edge. But my usual and favorite is the Xikar Punch. I just can't resist buying new gadgets.

i own both a palio and xikar. my palio stays in the drawer, the xikar works just fine. nothing against the palio, it was just purchased after my xikar and i've already grown accustomed to my teardrop cutter.

I've owned both, and I owned the Xikar first.... however I haven't used it in forever as the PALIO is superior in every way.

Palio baby...

I also have both.

I have had the XiKar for about 4 years and like it alot. Right now it is getting somewhat dull.

I just bought a Palio and have used it for maybe a week and really do like the cut with this.

I'll send the XiKar back and have it sharpenedand use both...can't really say at this point which I like better. The Palio is much sharper, but it's also pretty new.

I probably look like a Xikar mark lol...but I know my new Xikar 3 is not the sharpest cutter. Looking at the Palio website and their sharpness research and claims I really want to try one.

I've just ordered a Palio from Heartfelt Industries, I think I'm going to like it from all the comments here!

I am interested to hear more about why you all like one cutter over the other. I still use my $2 guillotine but want to buy a better one and hearing specific reasons to prefer one over the other would help me out!

Back