Cutters for big smokes

TEAK

Gorilla
I have recently acquired some sticks in the 60 ring gauge but can not find a cutter to handle them. I was wondering what you guys used for your bigger smokes???

216YNN0SCVL._AA280_.jpg

hehehe. J/k

Punching several times, like to make an eight works. If you have some tapering you can slice a small piece off. I don't ahve a v-cutter, so I can't say if they work or not.

I have recently acquired some sticks in the 60 ring gauge but can not find a cutter to handle them. I was wondering what you guys used for your bigger smokes???

Ran into this problem when I was on the road once...
I ended up using my punch to make multiple openings in the end (all connected).
It worked, but I think you're looking for a more practical long term solution!:D

Palio and XiKar will both handle larger ring gauge. You just need to make sure that you are not trying to cut off to much of the cap is all.

All else fails simply use a sharp pocket knife (or other small knife) - don't try to cut all the way through. Just score a line around the cap and then pop it off.

Ron

If all else fails perhaps this :ss

Seriously, Palio cutters will work on everything but the obscenely large ring guages

I used to use a pocket knife or razor blade on all my smokes to cut a "V-cut" into the head.

Besides my Palio I have a Xikar muli-tool and because its a scissor action it can handle pretty much any ring gauge.

Back