Davidoff Retail Location - London

ambientboy

...from the internet.
So here I am, sauntering in to the swanky, sorry, posh section of London (Mayfair) looking for the Davidoff store. I've just been to a cafe and am carrying a macchiato, wearing UFO skater shorts, a black tshirt, flipflops, and a camo military style cap. The look I got upon entering was priceless.

The retail clerk gave me a bit of a frown and said snootily, "Um..can I help you in some way?"

"Actually yes. I'm looking for a Ramon Allones 898, preferably with some age on them."

All of a sudden, the demeanor changed and he realised I wasn't some tourist, but was looking for a real smoke. none of that "Hey man, you got cubans?" here.

He broke into a huge grin. "Those are a bit difficult to find, but you are certainly in luck."

He led me into the walk-in, crouched to the floor, slid a box out of the way, and produced two different boxes of the RA 898's.

I'll be writing a review when I get home. :D

So here I am, sauntering in to the swanky, sorry, posh section of London (Mayfair) looking for the Davidoff store. I've just been to a cafe and am carrying a macchiato, wearing UFO skater shorts, a black tshirt, flipflops, and a camo military style cap. The look I got upon entering was priceless.

The retail clerk gave me a bit of a frown and said snootily, "Um..can I help you in some way?"

"Actually yes. I'm looking for a Ramon Allones 898, preferably with some age on them."

All of a sudden, the demeanor changed and he realised I wasn't some tourist, but was looking for a real smoke. none of that "Hey man, you got cubans?" here.

He broke into a huge grin. "Those are a bit difficult to find, but you are certainly in luck."

He led me into the walk-in, crouched to the floor, slid a box out of the way, and produced two different boxes of the RA 898's.

I'll be writing a review when I get home. :D

I love it when the store clerks do that. I get that quite often, if I actually get help then i'll pick up a couple sticks. If they go to other ppl to help them when I've been in the store first and am standing at the humidor and they ignore me. I leave.. =]

I love breaking the stereotypes....Great stuff Dan...Can't wait to read the review!
Now if I could only find something intelligent to say when I walk into a B&M. :D

Love stories like this. I enjoy when the new young sales guy is the only guy who will help because everyone else you are a waste of time, then you make the guys day buy laying down some good $$. Enjoy the RA.

I only had enough money for two sticks (at 15 pounds each) so I smoked one within minutes and the other last night. I'll write a dual review when I hit the states this weekend. But let's just say, I WOULD consider finding a box should the money present itself... :dr

Back