De La Concha Tobacconist Cigars

Dux

Mr. Sexy Cooler!!!
Anyboby in NY every Visit De La Concha Tobacconist?

Address:
1390 Ave Of The Americas
NY NY 10019

79.png

Trying to find out if this place is worth a visit :w

Never been there myself but I know there are a bunch of gorillas who regularly frequent this B&M. I believe I've read a couple threads where Mr Maduro has mentioned them.

A good place with friendly staff. However, their cigar selection is not as diverse as let's say Barclay Rex or Davidoff stores which are within walking distance.

Also, from what I understand, they have been purchased by Davidoff and will change their name to De la Concha America, or something like that :)

Hope this helps!

This is one B&M I frequent but should actually give them more business. Great place, offer discounts, and tasting events....didn't hear about the Davidoff takeover as mentioned above, but I'll have to look in to that. All around great place.

As soon as I walk in, Chris starts pulling out the Padron Anni's!!! :dr

This is one B&M I frequent but should actually give them more business. Great place, offer discounts, and tasting events....didn't hear about the Davidoff takeover as mentioned above, but I'll have to look in to that. All around great place.

As soon as I walk in, Chris starts pulling out the Padron Anni's!!! :dr

Its not to far from Grand Central so I might have to check this place out after work one night :)

Thanks for the posts guys I just didnt want to head up town and find out it was a dive...

I love this place and make it a regular stop whenever I visit NYC. Try some of their own-brand smokes: very tasty Nicaraguan puros rolled especially for them in Little Havana.

This shop is definitely worth a stop. Was talking to one of the managers there last week about the Davidoff buyout. Apparently I'm not the only one who prefers them to the Davidoff store, De la Concha does about 20-40% more volume than the Madison Ave store. I can see why, too. Friendly, knowledgeable, non-commission sales staff; good prices, considering the NYC location; and a nice lounge to sit and smoke, no purchase required. They are my cigar shop of choice in mid-town.

Here's a paste from Cigar Aficionado's site:
----
Davidoff of Geneva Acquires Major New York City Retailer

Posted: Monday, December 11, 2006

By Gregory Mottola

Davidoff of Geneva purchased De La Concha Tobacconists in New York City on December 1. De La Concha filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in October 2005, owing back taxes to New York State, as well as back rent to its landlord, Jeffries Morris Inc.

As of December 1, the store, previously called De La Concha Tobacconist Inc., will operate under the name De La Concha America Inc.
----

It's really too bad when people screw up running a company that offers a quality product at a fair profit. Managing the money flow is critical to running any business and is something that far too many people don't put the required time and/or effort into. Now I just hope Davidoff doesn't f%&k the whole thing up.

I love this place and make it a regular stop whenever I visit NYC. Try some of their own-brand smokes: very tasty Nicaraguan puros rolled especially for them in Little Havana.

A little birdie (a former De La Concha employee) told me that their store brand cigar are actually un-banded Tatuaje's!! :dr Their rolled especially for De La Concha in the Miami factory!!

Also, I stopped by yesterday and got confirmation that they were indeed taken over by Davidoff, ...but their prices are still cheaper than Davidoff. I found a box of Padron '64 "A's" that were $30 dollars cheaper than what I paid for them in the Davidoff at Columbus Circle!! :c

I stop in there when I'm in town. House brand is a favorite. I'm not crazy about stores that don't have a walk-in though.

Back