Dead vinotemp?

tedrodgerscpa

PSHC - Vandy's B*tch
Greetings, all...

My vinotemp may have cooled for the last time. For the last 24 hours, the digital display is reading 81-82 degrees, the temp inside is in the middle to upper seventies, and my sticks are now safely in a cooler with a blue icepack to keep the temp in line (Yes, I took care of the condensation)

No amount of time unplugged seems to remedy the problem. The fan is spinning, and it sounds like the TE unit is trying to do it's job, but it NEVER GETS COLD!

Has anyone EVER heard of a vinotemp dying? Been running for a little bit less than a year, had a rubber plug for condensation. Basically, I RTFM about vinos, and have been a very happy camper for the better part of the last year... No external controller was ever needed, which is something I appreciated about the unit.

Kept it set at 61 on the digital dial, which yielded 66 inside with a digital thermometer.

Anyone have any clue? Suggestions?

Shipping to have it repaired, and then returned, would be well beyond the cost of simply getting a new one, so I'm going to try and find a new one.

Depending on where you are someone might be interested in it anyway. I know some folks don't even use the cooling feature. But I am guessing since you have a vinotemp instead of just a cooler you are in an area that the temp control is necessary.

Depending on where you are someone might be interested in it anyway. I know some folks don't even use the cooling feature. But I am guessing since you have a vinotemp instead of just a cooler you are in an area that the temp control is necessary.

I've got someone lined up for the broken one already... I just can't believe that it's dead after less than a year.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with one dying on them.

There oughta be a schematic on it or online.
My guess is that the thermostat fried. There's little cheap snap contacts and they tend to fall off because they're cheaply made in third world countries by starving people.
Jumper the thermostat and see if it cools.
Then order a thermostat or replace it with a Johnson control.
The reason I assume it's the thermostat is that there aren't any other moving parts in a thermoelectric aside from the fan.
If you post the model I might be able to find the schematic online.
Point is, it's probably very fixable. But if you're gonna pay someone it probably isn't worthwhile. If I lived next door I'd fix it for ya. :)

There oughta be a schematic on it or online.
My guess is that the thermostat fried. There's little cheap snap contacts and they tend to fall off because they're cheaply made in third world countries by starving people.
Jumper the thermostat and see if it cools.
Then order a thermostat or replace it with a Johnson control.
The reason I assume it's the thermostat is that there aren't any other moving parts in a thermoelectric aside from the fan.
If you post the model I might be able to find the schematic online.
Point is, it's probably very fixable. But if you're gonna pay someone it probably isn't worthwhile. If I lived next door I'd fix it for ya. :)

Agreed, i couldn't help but tinker with it, if it's running i'd start out by blasting it all with duster.

Back