Decanter Set

OtterAKL4987

Blathering Elite Wannabe
My girlfriend just bought me a decanter set for my birthday and I am excited to put some booze in it. However, I really don't know much about it? What types of liquor is it best for? (I was planning on putting either scotch or bourbon in it, not at the same time of course :r) How long should you keep liquor in it? Are there any advanatges to putting liquor in there or is it just for show? Thanks and I look forward to any help.

Do you have any pictures? Decanters are for specific purposes depending on its shape. If you are a one or two bottle whiskey drinker than I think it is for sure worth using or if you plan to finish a bottle in one night. If you collect whiskey, then might as well leave it in it's original bottle.

Remember, leaded glass crystal is suppose to leach lead out over time. How much and how long does it take; I have no clue. We use leaded crystal in our port tastings, but the port is only in there for 4-10 hours.

Do you have any pictures? Decanters are for specific purposes depending on its shape. If you are a one or two bottle whiskey drinker than I think it is for sure worth using or if you plan to finish a bottle in one night. If you collect whiskey, then might as well leave it in it's original bottle.

Remember, leaded glass crystal is suppose to leach lead out over time. How much and how long does it take; I have no clue. We use leaded crystal in our port tastings, but the port is only in there for 4-10 hours.

Here is a stock internet photo. It looks just like this: square in shape. Thanks.
P010821.jpg

That is for sure a whiskey decanter. Fill it with your favorite tipple, and have add it! You may want to pick up some convienence store ice as it disolves much clear than home frozen ice. A little ice bucket with a lid will be the crowning touch. Enjoy.

There are no real advantages to the decanter, it's just for show. However there are many that look nice and it can make a good show.

I just keep mine in the bottles, then my glass and then my belly. I'll stop the whisky's travel path there. ;)

nice looking set:tu

I like the looks of a good whiskey decanter, I've never found much use for mine (except for my wine decanter) but they look great on my bar.

I don't use my decanter as much as I used to because of the lead. I still use the nice glasses though.

My glass wine decanter spends alot of time as a vase.

Back