Devils Weed

As promised here is my review!

Presentation great looking cigar,came in box of three for the review. Nice looking cigar band,interesting product name one that seems to grab the buyers attention.

At first I must say I did something stupid that I would like to hope everyone has done(yes,this is just so I don't feel so stupid), I didn't eat before the first devils weed I had therefore had a horrible nicotine buzz and hated the cigar intially. Knowing this stpudity was my fault and noo fault of the cigars I decided to wait a bit and try another,on a full stomach. After my first cigar I of course was leary of trying another and finally last night decided to give it a whirl and do my review as I promised.
First light the cigar smoked smooth great mild to medium smoke in taste and so much better than my first go around. The cigar was nicely constructed and was good till the end. I still have a beginners palate and can't reconize the different tastes as some here can. I really wished I could give it a better review and hope to eventually try again later down the road. I do believe if you want a good 1-2 hour smoke that is mild-medium flavor but closer to the medium flavor then this cigar could be for you. It's a great brand to have in your cooler/humi/vino and is a conversation piece with your friends. Very nice product and I give it a 9 out of a 1-10 scale with ten being the highest.
Thank you for letting me be a part of this and letting me sampler your product. I do hope in the feature that I can purchase more of these cigars and give them a much deserved review with a much better palette.
Shellie

I sampled a couple of these recently and I really like them. But, you know, like the American Stogie, the Devils Weed is a kind of a silly name. First thought is that it may be a strong, spicy cigar. It's not.

I checked out the web-site and saw that they were made with Dominican tobacco and an Ecuador Shade wrapper. Ho-hum. Right?

But, these cigars are a perfectly well-balanced smoke. They aren't the power smoke that so many manufacturers have been trying trying to achieve over the past few years. They are a great cigar that you can smoke any time of the day. Very satisfying. I think they are reflective of where the industry may start going - medium strength, excellent construction and a good balance of flavors. Kinda old-school really.

I haven't decided yet whether or not to pick up the brand because, with the exception of La Tradicion, we don't sell a lot of medium bodied smokes. I hope that changes as the cigar industry continues to expand to pair up with mature palates.

I had my hand on these this afternoon when I got home to do the review I also promised, walked out to the garage where it was 105F and promptly walked back upstairs to my air conditioned house. Glad you were able to smoke yours, I'm going to have to try again when things cool off a bit.

:cb

I sampled a couple of these recently and I really like them. But, you know, like the American Stogie, the Devils Weed is a kind of a silly name. First thought is that it may be a strong, spicy cigar. It's not.

I checked out the web-site and saw that they were made with Dominican tobacco and an Ecuador Shade wrapper. Ho-hum. Right?

But, these cigars are a perfectly well-balanced smoke. They aren't the power smoke that so many manufacturers have been trying trying to achieve over the past few years. They are a great cigar that you can smoke any time of the day. Very satisfying. I think they are reflective of where the industry may start going - medium strength, excellent construction and a good balance of flavors. Kinda old-school really.

Well said! I am a med to full bodied cigar smoker and I REALLY enjoy these. My local has been selling them alot here lately-mostly word of mouth. But as we speak-I believe Luis is working on a med-full body blend.:tu

Nice review - and this is on one I've never even heard of. (though - that's really not saying all that much).

You're supposed to eat first?:confused:

Back