DFW Visit with Pics...Drinks/Smokes/Fun

Mbraud4

Bayou Bengal of Jungle
Well I had to ride out this past week to Quitman, TX of all places for 5 days. So to make the trip somewhat enjoyable I decided to make a 1.5-2 hour trip to the Dallas/Fort Worth area to visit my first herf. How ironic that on my first herf I meet up with my first trading partner croatan. Broozer also was there. Although I couldnt stay long due to a baby and my fiance having to find something to do while I had fun (my baby cant be around alot of smoke). So she went out with her friend to a steakhouse while I lived the good life.

I started off by picking out a buncha awesome smokes that I figured broozer and James might not have tried before and maybe we could get a puff puff pass going...but that plan couldnt go thru as I had cought a cold a few days b4 and didnt want anyone getting sick. So I let the guys have a couple of smokes I brought to puff on and James passed me a wonderful Trini Fundi from 06. (I am finding that the more 06s I smoke, the more I say STOCK UP and sit on these puppies. 06 is a wonderful year IMO) Anyways James said he hadnt had a Tabbie before and I had brought one to PPP so I figured James could smoke that. Brooz found a VR he wanted to try and elightened me on my mislabeled tag on it in a very polite manner (like a good BOTL should). We all started smoking and playing some cards. First game went well...for me HAHA ;) So I am assuming James tried to even the playing field my offering me a wonderful selection of scotch, brandy, and tequila...while brooz offered me some HC rum. James might be able to offer the name of the brandy which was excellent with a nice sweet twang to it. I recall learning the different pronounciations of Macallan and Mclleland so that I wouldnt screw myself when going to a bar and order the wrong scotch. James started me with some Macallan 12 yr old which I found to be wonderful. After a small glass of brandy he poored a small glass of Macallan Cask...and boy was that stuff potent...taste and alcohol :) He also found out I am a big tequila drinker so he offered me a small taste of his favorite tequila which I will be buying as soon as my Patron goes empty. I believe it was called Herradura...had a nice aged oak flavor with a slight sweet taste to it as well. Broozer finished me off with some HC rum which I had never triend which was also very tasty. Not a big rum drinker whatsoever and I didnt cringe when the rum hit my tongue. After all was said and done I got to smoke one cigar with two great guys while getting super lit off some of the best liquor I have ever had. Needless to say I got owned in the 2nd game of poker and had to wind up eating a couple pieces of pizza so I wouldnt :pu in the car. Here are some pics of the night and Im sure James or Brooz might add in their thoughts on the night.

Broozer:
dfw1.jpg

James with a 80 yr old cigar on the table that Broozer gifted him which looked lovely:
dfw2.jpg

Here are some more pics:

My poor chip stack during the 2nd game thanks to Macallan and Brandy along with some pizza to try and improve my sobriety:
dfw3.jpg

Broozer with a nice chip stack getting ready to deal me a shit hand lol:
dfw4.jpg

James with a nice chip stack enjoying a smoke:
dfw5.jpg

Me and Broozer:
dfw6.jpg

Me and Croatan:
dfw7.jpg

Looks like fun Mike, BTW did anyone card the young lookin feller. Bet he had some kinda fake ID. :r Thanks for the pics Mike.

Thanks for the pics.

It looks like some good cigars were smoked with some good friends.

Thanks for the pics and for coming out, Mike. That was a blast. The best part was when Mike told his fiancee to just drive for a round for a while and get lost so he'd have more time to herf :r

You know, Mike, had I known you were going to take those pictures, I would have made an effort to look sober.

Thanks for the pics and for coming out, Mike. That was a blast. The best part was when Mike told his fiancee to just drive for a round for a while and get lost so he'd have more time to herf :r
ROFL The look on Broozer's face when I said htat was priceless. And btw speaking of looking sober...you guys said I didnt drink alot...which I might not have...idk...but I was surely super f'ed to hell on the ride home...Ashley made me stay up for the 2 hour trip back too rofl...I was like please dont let my vision start spinning...luckily I made out ok...but I was scared for the first hour...i was getting a lil woozy.

ROFL The look on Broozer's face when I said htat was priceless. And btw speaking of looking sober...you guys said I didnt drink alot...which I might not have...idk...but I was surely super f'ed to hell on the ride home...Ashley made me stay up for the 2 hour trip back too rofl...I was like please dont let my vision start spinning...luckily I made out ok...but I was scared for the first hour...i was getting a lil woozy.
:r Yeah, we were a little worried about you going down the stairs :)

Looks like a damn good time, thanks for sharing :tu

I laughed out loud literally when I read the "getting ready to deal me a shit hand" caption, LOL!!!

:r Yeah, we were a little worried about you going down the stairs :)
Yeah it seemed every step I took I went further to the left for some reason...and then I get in the car with my cigar and Ashley reamed me good :) But it was all good...shes a good girl and after we made it home safely she was happy I got to enjoy myself. I was happy she dealt with the BS she had to go thru to make me happy...she sure is a keeper guys! :D

If you ever want to herf anywhere closer than D/FW, let me know. I'm out in Lafayette. We may be able to pull together a South Louisiana group.

Back