Dhl!

D. Generate

El Dudarino
I ordered some cigars off of cigarbid and they sent me an email with the tracking information on the 13th saying it should be delivered by the 20th. I've been checking the tracking on the DHL site and they picked it up on the 13th and since the 18th it has been sitting at their facility in Sparks which is about 15 miles from me. No updates on the site until the 21st when it says it's "scheduled for delivery" at two different times.

On Saturday I called DHL and asked about my package and they said they didn't know why it wasn't delivered and that they would send a message to the facility to get it to me ASAP. This morning (Monday) I check the site and it says that it's with the courier. I get home, no package. I check the site and it says "scheduled for delivery" again. :mad: So I called them again and they still have no idea why I haven't gotten the package and sent in another message to the facility.

I'm worried about the condition of the cigars when, and if, they finally arrive. I don't know what cigarbids policy is if the cigars don't show or arrive all dried out. I'm going to call them tomorrow morning and see what I'll have to do. Of course this is also one of the biggest orders I've made on cigarbid so it has to happen to this one. :c

Ouch, DHL did that to me about 1 month ago. It just sat for days and they kept rescheduling until I called. I picked it up and found the box destroyed.
It seems once they noticed that box was severely damaged they held it and waited for me to call them. Hope that doesn't happen to you.

Well Fedex won't even get down from the truck and try to deliver the package. i livein a gated community and those bastards don't even try to do their job! I have seen them just pull up at the gate, reverse and leave without giving me time to open the damn gate! :c :c :bx

Advice

DHL is really putting on a push to get into the consumer market. You probaably have seen all the ads. Their issue is that in less than major cities the service is spotty. The drivers are all indepent contractors, not like Fedx and UPS.

Unless your in major metro area expect issues to come up at least through this year.

DHL is out of the Netherlands I think, and is very big in Europe allready. Like Klugsie said, they are trying to break into America and havn't really established themselves outside of the metro areas yet.

DHL is, hands down, the worst carrier known to man. I recently had two experiences where I ordered and the vendor used DHL. Of course, both were late. Both had bad data on the website. Both involved numerous calls to clueless people. When I finally did talk to someone with a brain she sympathized and told me what a pain it was to work in customer service at DHL because they get SO MANY calls, yet management never addresses there recurring problems. They are doomed.

Also FYI - Cheapercigars.com just switched to FedEx because of the constant problems they've had with DHL.

An update after my last bitching session:

I had called up cigarbid this morning to find out what their return policy was and spoke to a very friendly lady. I told her what was happening and she was very quick to offer that they would replace the cigars if they were damaged or dried out. So my experience with cigarbid is very positive, they have great customer service.

DHL, I'm not so happy with. My cigars did arrive today with a "Past Due" red stamp all over the box. I looked at the cigars and I have to say that cigarbid did a pretty good job of packaging them because they don't seem to be dried out. I put them in my brand new quarantine cooler where they'll sit for a couple weeks but I think they'll be fine. I'm just not happy with DHL since I called several times and nobody could figure out what the problem was. But in the end I got my cigars and they seem to be fine. So while it was inconvenient, I guess that all's well that ends well.

I'm now having my own issues with DHL. I've on the phone with them over the past few days trying to locate my Cigarbid package. I wonder if you can request that Cigarbid use a different shipping company? Probably not. DHL bites. :mad:

Sickboy said:
I'm now having my own issues with DHL. I've on the phone with them over the past few days trying to locate my Cigarbid package. I wonder if you can request that Cigarbid use a different shipping company? Probably not. DHL bites. :mad:

Yes you can request a different carrier from cigarbid. I have everything I buy from them delivered via USPS Priority. I use to let them send everything via UPS and delivery time was always 4-5 day plus a weekend usually thrown in. USPS has them here in 2-3 days. I pay a little more for the service but I dont mind. Talk to cigarbid...great folks there. I'm sure they will help you out. :w

It's funny I've never had a problem with DHL my packages have either come on the day they where suppose too or a day early. But I've read alot of complaints about them. Cigarbid has great customer service those people will bend over backwards for their customers and I've not had a bad batch from them,they pack up the smokes pretty good :w

Back