Diablo - any good?

mtb996

Gorilla
Famous has Diablo's for $80 for 2 boxes (Torps are $95). That's pretty cheap for 50 cigars. Are they any good? I read many of the reviews, and my takeway is that they are overpriced with very mixed opinions. But, at $1.60/ stick it is in the connie and Famous Nic3000 price range.

Thoughts?

I think they are a good cigar. Not great, but good. I bought a box a month ago and I've enjoyed the 2 that I have smoked. At $1.60 a stick I think it's a great deal.:tu

:tpd: Got a box of the picantes about 3 months ago and enjoyed each one. As stated above they are a good but not great cigar I would buy them again.

I think they are a good cigar. Not great, but good. I bought a box a month ago and I've enjoyed the 2 that I have smoked. At $1.60 a stick I think it's a great deal.:tu

:tpd: I had my hopes dashed when I received these on a trade. The first one was okay. The other three turned out to be real good after they sat in the humidor for a few weeks.

I know a Brother here that really enjoys them, he gifted me a coulple. The first one had good flavor but I had a hard time keeping it lit. The second one had good flavor and was a bit better at staying lit. I have had a SLR PC that has had a hard time staying lit after 3, 6 and 9 months and not many cigars have this problem from my humi. Any good?! depends on your taste!

I'm not a fan of them at all. I thought they looked/sounded good, won a bid for a 10 pack, and gifted 7. I still have one in my humidors, but that's only because I'm hoping a year or two helps it taste better. For the $$, I'd rather smoke a Flor de Oliva Robusto Maduro.

I like them,not the best but for the price you cant beat them.

I disagree. In this price range I prefer:
Famous 3000
RP Sungrown 'Selects'
Perdomo 'Mistakes'
Perdomo Fresh Rolled Wheels
La Viea Habana
RP Edge seconds
a few others

But, they are a tolerable, and different smoke. Unlike anything else i've tried. You might like them. Actually I might get in on this and fit them into my 'cheap stogies' rotation. Anyone for hosting a split? I wouldn't mind 20 in 2 diff sizes...

Pssssstttt............
Take a look at my review & my box split request I posted tonight......
Picantes anyone?:ss

Couldn't resist. Read a lot of good things about them here. So, Saturday I will have my 2 boxes.

This month is starting a lot like the months of 2007. Buy many and buy often.:ss

if you wanna get rid of a fiver let me know ;) I'd like to try them

I hate to ask... Since youre a colts fan.

2 boxes for $80 would make good bomb fodder - with that said, I didn't care for them.

if you wanna get rid of a fiver let me know ;) I'd like to try them

I hate to ask... Since youre a colts fan.

Shoot me a PM with your address so I don't forget. A request from a Pat fan is easily forgetten if not ignored.:tu

I will send you a fiver next week.

Shoot me a PM with your address so I don't forget. A request from a Pat fan is easily forgetten if not ignored.:tu

I will send you a fiver next week.

Be careful Advil. Some Pats fans got horseshoed awhile back....:D

Diablos are not bad. Nice cheap smoke. Got some coming from Famous.

Be careful Advil. Some Pats fans got horseshoed awhile back....:D

Diablos are not bad. Nice cheap smoke. Got some coming from Famous.

I had nothing to do with that, honest.:D

coltshorseshoe.jpg

Got my two boxes today and had one this afternoon. Not bad, nice fairly quick smoke that will be perfect to cart to the office. Buck a pop, can't beat that.

Will smoke one box and probably let the other sit 9-12 months and see how that does.

Back