Diablo Gran Fuego

catfishm2

Sneaky Bombin Bastage
I found this while digging throught my cooler tonight and decided to give it a try. I think I got this as part of a sampler a few months back.

This isn't a bad looking stick at all. It was 6x60 pyramid with a nice medium brown wrapper. Construction wasn't bad either. Now this is where anything good about this stick stops.

The draw on this was loose to say the least. Sort of like sucking air through a straw. The burn was even for about a 1/4 inch and from there on out required constant touch ups.

My impression of this cigar when I first read about it was that it was to be a spicy, in your face kind of smoke. There was a hint of spice, but just a hint. The best term I can think of for the Gran Fuego is harsh. Not enjoyable at all for my tastes.

This smoke has to get a big thumbs down from me. At $100 plus a box; no way. There are much, much better smokes for less money out there. In all fairness I have heard rumors that they were going to reblend this line. Whether they did or not, or whether I had a 1st or 2nd generation; I don't know. All I can say for sure is that this brand won't have a place in my cooler.

Meh, I don't like these either. For a cigar called diablo, with a chili pepper on the band, I find them to be kinda mild. Never had a harsh one to be honest, but the flavor is lacking. And the price sucks.

amen, i totally agree with you. they're jsut not worth the time or the money. maybe if they were like 50 cents a stick i'd buy em, but anymore than that and i'm out

Haven't heard much good about them either, nice review Mark and it will save me some dollars. Not gonna waste time and good money on them..

Back