Diamond Crown Maximus - Pyramid No. 3

Munkey

Howler Monkey
Cost: $16.50 before tax
Size: 6 3/8 x 50
Rating: 8

I've had this sitting in my humi for about a month. I decided to say today was worthy of a premium cigar. Got all the cigar toys together, poured a bit of Crown Royal Special Reserve and clipped the head. I probably clipped off a bit too much, but I don't like sucking through a straw effect when you cut a torpedo shape too short. Prelight draw was tasty and easy. Construction on this cigar is perfect.

A fairly easy light and a bit harsh on the first couple draws. I let it sit for a couple of minutes and came back to a nice nutty spice. A bit creamy and huge volumes of smoke. The easy draw was hard not to just suck this stick down the large volume of smoke a pleasure to watch drift away. I might have nubbed it if it had been 10 degrees warmer outside. Got a little spicier toward the end, but never got the cayenne many describe in this cigar. I should make a notation about the ash. So light grey, it was nearly white. It's strength at almost 2 inches shows the great construction of this cigar. When I purged it just before the ash reached two inches the smoke blew out the end of the ash instead of all along the ash as with other cigars i've purged.

A great stick for a once in awhile smoke or if you are impressed by glamorous bands, but too expensive to make a regular attraction. I think there are better sticks out there for less money especially considering this cigar for Newman is almost a who's who of the cigar industry - blended by Fuente, wrapper grown by Oliva in Ecuador.

Nice day in NOVA wasn't it?

Had a chance to smoke the 90th yet? I almost had one today but went with the GOF instead.

Nice day in NOVA wasn't it?

Had a chance to smoke the 90th yet? I almost had one today but went with the GOF instead.

I'm supposed to SMOKE the 90th? I thought I was buying that as an investment. :r

It's a huge cigar. It's gonna have to wait 'til summer, so I can fully appreciate it.

Thanks for the review - I love the #4 Toro size in these smokes. If you shop carefully you can pick up a box for around $8-9 each. I agree $16.50 is a heck of a lot to pay.

Back