Diamond Crown Maximus Toro No.4

Bigga Petey

Lowland Gorilla
The cigar dood in a smoke shop in Covington Kentucky suggested I try one of these. Paid a tad over ten dollars for it, and was anxious to see what I got for my money.

A well made cigar, dark and oily, a pleasure to look at.
Snipped it last Friday to celebrate the end of the work week.

Put fire to it, and immediately knew I had reached the doorsteps of nirvana. Draw was easy and produced a gorgeous thick cloud of smoke. Flavor poured out of this cigar in thick creamy billows of aroma. I can't identify, chocolate from caramel from anise or any other flavors, but this cigar was PACKED with them.

Just pick a superlative. It will fit.

I'm definetly going to be on the lookout for more of these guys.
Both thumbs up for sure.

Both the Pyramid #2 and the DC #1 are also very good from this line. Especially with a couple years on them.

I was very generously gifted a Diamond Crown Maximus Toro No.4 from 5thDan during our Newbie Sampler Trade. I'm flying out of town tomorrow on business and will be bringing this one along with me. Thanks for the review! Makes me all the more anxious to experience it.

That is a great review on this cigar. You also got it at a fair price. These cigars are nice with anything more than 6 months of age on them. I think they are one of the Fuente hidden jewels.

They are expensive but worth it.

I must have gotten a bad stick, not that i didnt enjoy the one i got, but the wrapper pealed, it needed constant relights, and i didnt find the flavor all that great. I remember thinking that it was definatly not worth the price most places ask for it. Im sure it must have been a bad stick and that is why i did not write a review on it at the time. I will have to keep my eyes open and try another one. thanks for the review!

LT

LT Rich said:
I must have gotten a bad stick, not that i didnt enjoy the one i got, but the wrapper pealed, it needed constant relights, and i didnt find the flavor all that great. I remember thinking that it was definatly not worth the price most places ask for it. Im sure it must have been a bad stick and that is why i did not write a review on it at the time. I will have to keep my eyes open and try another one. thanks for the review!

LT

Definately try another one. You must have got a bad one that may not have been stored correctly before you got it. They are definately a cigar worth revisiting.

PM me your addy and if I get some more I will send you a few.

Richard

I received one of these from the NC Make a Wish PIF from justinphilly. Letting it sit and can't wait to try it.

My local B & M got in a shipment of these Monday. Guess I had better stop in and pick a few out before they get snapped up!

Back