Diamond Crown

White97Jimmy

Expresso - Frickin' 81
I was able to smoke my first Diamond Crown last night (I think this was the #4 size). I've always been intrigued by these sticks, since I hear a lot about them, but never coughed up the dough to buy one. Well, thanks to Simplified, I was PIF'ed 6 of them (and now have 5 left!).

Went out to the local cigar bar last night with my fiancee and my best man. Setting was awesome, a nice Jack&Coke, but the band was a bit loud.

Construction of this stick is just perfect. You can tell this is a nicely rolled smoke.

Toast & Roast. This is probably the most even burning stick I have ever smoked. My buddy even looked over at my cigar and was amazed on how straight this thing was burning.

Ash- This sucker held on for dear life. I would say it was about 2.5-3 inches before it fell. The ash hit the table with one solid hit. I was able to pick it up and place it in the ashtray without any breakage. A true sign of a good construction.

Taste- I felt this was a medium smoke that left no bad aftertaste. I can't really describe the taste, but it was good. Consistant throughout the whole smoke, didn't really change flavors much. I was expecting this to be a bit more of a kick, but it wasn't, which is good. No pepper or bite at all. Just a smooth smoke....lots of it.

Finish- Well, I didn't really let this one settle that much. I smoked it down to about 3/4" left, then immediately sparked up a Montecristo Platinum. My next DC, I will let the finish settle in.

Final thoughts- Awesome cigar. I'm glad I've finally been exposed to the "higher end" of the spectrum. I usually tend to stick with $3 cigars, so this was a nice change up. If I had the cash flow, I'd definitely broaden my horizons with more premium smokes.

9/10

Back