Digital Hygro's/Humidipak One-Step Calibration from Viper

Nabinger16

SilverBack
I purchased a couple of the small square digital hygrometers with the Humidipak One-Step Calibration kit from Viper for my humis. I put both hygros in one bag with the a 75.5% RH Humidipak. They have been in the bag for about 36 hours now. One hygro is reading 66% and the other is reading 69%. These hygrometers are suppose to be calibrated at the factory, but of course they are user adjustable. My question is, is it common for these hygrometers to be off this much from the factory, or is it possible the Humidipak One-Step calibration kit is off? I checked and double checked to make sure the seal on the kit was sealed appropriately, and the temp remained at about 71 or 72 degrees for the entire time.

Thanks for the info.
Trent

Last edited:
i would guess that the hygros are off that much, the boveda packs are pretty accurate-as you said the seal on the kit (bag) was good, i'd adjust the hygros (1 click = 1 %RH) then recheck w/the boveda for another 36hrs-72hrs seems like a long time, but i've only had to do it once a year-i'm using the round ones & am happy w/them

I purchased a couple of the small square digital hygrometers with the Humidipak One-Step Calibration kit from Viper for my humis. I put both hygros in one bag with the a 75.5% RH Humidipak. They have been in the bag for about 36 hours now. One hygro is reading 66% and the other is reading 69%. These hygrometers are suppose to be calibrated at the factory, but of course they are user adjustable. My question is, is it common for these hygrometers to be off this much from the factory, or is it possible the Humidipak One-Step calibration kit is off? I checked and double checked to make sure the seal on the kit was sealed appropriately, and the temp remained at about 71 or 72 degrees for the entire time.

Thanks for the info.
Trent

Yes it is not that uncommon for them to be that far off out of the box. Go with the results you got from the Boveda Calibration Pack and make your adjustments. I would then put the hygros back in the kit and check them again.

Back