Distilled Water

$ .89 a gallon at a grocery store near you. Giant Eagle in my case. Ended up $ 46.32 as they sucked me into a bunch of additional purchases.

Uses:

Humidor seasoning.

Humidification device recharging.

Refreshment for the truly paranoid.

Charging of commercial products that serve it’s same purpose.

Initial thoughts:

Appears to be real distilled water. Odorless and colorless. Possesses that “absence of flavor” so sought after by distilled aficionados.

Experience:

Poured a quick glass. Cool and refreshing. Noted the absence of all flavor. Subtle hints of nothing peaked out from a pale palette of odorless and tasteless coolness. Was quite refreshing and overall 10 of 10 in my distilled experience. (As always) It’s nice to get a product that has such consistency and continuity purchase after purchase. Spilled some on my jeans when I was pouring and almost got out some club soda… thought about it and moved on. (Estimated cost $.01)

Wiped down the insides of a humi that I was going to start using again. Light wipe just enough to change the color of the cedar. Waded up a plain white paper towel and soaked it in distilled as well. Put a coffee cup dish with the paper towel on it in the humi and closed it up. Should be ready to go in a day or so. I’ll check and rewet it tomorrow if needed. I think this works more effectively than the shot glass method as there is a tremendous amount of surface area to wick off the distilled. I believe wicked of distilled still functions as advertised. Just need to get the cedar lining to absorb to its stasis point of 60-70% or so. (Estimated cost $ .08)

Refilled the Cigar Oasis II in the office cab. Always a hassle as it is buried under boxes and has a very small orifice for filling. (Dirty thoughts deleted) Poured in about ¼ gallon. Spilled a cup or so on the carpet. No biggie. Active humification is the right answer for large cabs that you open frequently. I use beads as well for stabilization and as insurance. (estimated cost $ .25)

Beads - Too many beads. Large sacks, small sacks, big tubes little tubes. 16 different bead containers ranging from 60% to 70% RH beads. Charge them in different ways. Sacks – have one of those basting devices and drip onto them sporadically. Tubes – a quick dip and hold vertical. After the first time the beads don’t seem to crack much. (Estimated cost $ .12)

So in conclusion, distilled is the magical elixir of cigar storage. Buy it fresh, buy it old, just buy it.

One should read up on drinking distilled waters. The LACK of minerals in it can cause problems (if used for human consumption). Please folks drink spring water, not distilled or deionized water.

Funny review though. ;)

Where can one buy this distilled water? Or should I say DW or DH2O. Can you share sources for it? Is it legal to import? What was the box code on this batch Dave? Did you get it intact? Just curious. PM sent.

Da Klugs said:
Uses:

Humidor seasoning.

Humidification device recharging.

Refreshment for the truly paranoid.

Charging of commercial products that serve it’s same purpose.

So in conclusion, distilled is the magical elixir of cigar storage. Buy it fresh, buy it old, just buy it.

Mr. Da Klugs;

1)How many mega-ohm was the water that you used....

(I myself prefer 18 MO Hydrogen Hydroxide to distilled water.)

2)You don't own any municiple water districts do you....

3):r x 3 ;)

galaga said:
Mr. Da Klugs;

1)How many mega-ohm was the water that you used....

(I myself prefer 18 MO Hydrogen Hydroxide to distilled water.)

2)You don't own any municiple water districts do you....

3):r x 3 ;)

No but I do have several pots to pee in. Klugs Distilled.... $ 2.00 a gallon you to can now get accelerated aged taste in only 2 weeks. :r

Mindflux said:
One should read up on drinking distilled waters. The LACK of minerals in it can cause problems (if used for human consumption). Please folks drink spring water, not distilled or deionized water.

Funny review though. ;)

soft water's bad fer yer heart or so I've heard.

I've put up with this type of post for the last time. Sorry this may sound harsh ... but you obviously don't know your distilled water from your tetrahydrofuran.

It is simply ridiculous to think that you can buy QUALITY distilled water at your local Giant Eagle store. That stuff is stored no doubt in POLYETHYLENE. Thats the first cousin of a polyester leisure suit. Even polyethyleneterephthalate has so many obvious similarities to the monstrosity worn by Travolta in Saturday Night Fever that it sends convulsive shudders up my spine to even think of allowing pure, distilled water to touch its surface.

Oh sure, you can buy odorless and tasteless plonk there and hope that you don't go blind drinking it .... or that your cigars shrivel up and move to Miami when humidified by this inferior libation .... but if you REALLY want to take care of your thirst and your cigars, you'll heed my advice, young man.

Water should be hand distilled and carefully dionized using OSHA approved resins. A flow path surface area of at minumum 300,000 cm2/m is A MUST. I don't know how many times amatures of water purification make this critical mistake. AND FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T IGNORE THE ACTIVE CARBON FILTRATION. A final active carbon polishing truly brings out the velvety texture of a fine H2O.

My favorite distilled water is from Chateau La Tour de Morans 1961. I prefer the water in magnums rather than 75 cl bottles as I feel it has aged better. GLASS .... GLASS DANG IT ... no frickin plastic. I don't know how many shares in Giant Eagle stores you have, but this biased review of yours should be grounds for your receiving a 30 day suspension.

To drink inferior water or to use the swill available at your ... your ... Eagle store is simply preposterous.

Last edited:
Da Klugs said:
No but I do have several pots to pee in. Klugs Distilled.... $ 2.00 a gallon you to can now get accelerated aged taste in only 2 weeks. :r

I knew this was just an elaborate ruse to sell SeanGar's "Make a NC taste like an ISOM in only 2 weeks" with "Dr Gar's NC2ISOM Agerator". :tg

SeanGAR said:
To drink inferior water or to use the swill available at your ... your ... Eagle store is simply preposterous.

I think he was just slumming it today. :r

Da Klugs said:
Aged distilled?

Indeed my good Watson. Amatures of water purification often ignore the subtle molecular changes that occur during slow ageing of purified water. Freshly distilled and purified water has 4 hydrogen bonds per molecule. During extended peaceful rest, the number of hydrogen bonds per molecule slowly changes, and ultimately reaches √16 .... I'm sure even an amature water afficianado such as yourself you can appreciate the impact of this change on the quality.

Oh ... and if anybody is interested ... I have mangums of 1961 Chateau la Tour de Morans that I can sell for a VERY resonable price ... $1575 + shipping. Looking at the recent prices that this fine aqueous treat have been achieving at Christies, you can see that this is a substantial discount from retail.

SeanGar said:
My favorite distilled water is from Chateau La Tour de Morans 1961.
Obviously, you have not had the great pleasure of trying the 1945. Some of the best first growth distilled eau ever produced.

Da Klugs said:
How bout you offer some free samples? I'd like to see what I'm getting for more than twice the price for my reliable Distilled Water.

So I gather from reading this thread that the quality of the distilled water is critical, which probably means I shouldn't be substituting vodka when I run out of water :confused: Although I do find that vodka seems to give my smokes a little extra zing without affecting the taste :rolleyes:

SeanGAR said:
I've put up with this type of post for the last time. Sorry this may sound harsh ... but you obviously don't know your distilled water from your tetrahydrofuran.

My favorite distilled water is from Chateau La Tour de Morans 1961. I prefer the water in magnums rather than 75 cl bottles as I feel it has aged better. GLASS .... GLASS DANG IT ... no frickin plastic. I don't know how many shares in Giant Eagle stores you have, but this biased review of yours should be grounds for your receiving a 30 day suspension.

I can see the obvious effects of using platic storage devices by Mr Da Klug's rounded, and slightly shiny head in his Avatar. I can see the obvious effects that have befallen you, Dr. Gar, from not using water that had been UV treated. It seems that some extraneous DNA has slipped into your cigars and caused a transformation based upon the dark gray and seal-like torso that you have developed. I warn you guys to stay away from this duo, and their stogies, as they have obviously suffered ill effects from using bad water in "Dr Gar's NC2ISOM Agerator"

Last edited:
Distilled explained by Dave !

HHHMM !!! OK.

Water here,Water there, Water everywhere. Just dont drink any that is yellow !

Back