Do beads absord smell?

Im asking this cause I just received some of the new vanillas from Taboo. I dont want to put a tube of my beads in a humi pak bag and have them come out smelling like vanilla for when I put them back in my regular humi.

Silica is a good adsorbent so I expect that you will see some flavor binding to the matrix. How much and how readily bound compounds are desorbed will affect how much potential odor transfer you get. My oldest beads smell really nice when I take them out of the humi.

Silica is a good adsorbent so I expect that you will see some flavor binding to the matrix. How much and how readily bound compounds are desorbed will affect how much potential odor transfer you get. My oldest beads smell really nice when I take them out of the humi.

:tpd: My wife says my beads always smell good.

I haven't noticed the beads absorbing any tobacco smell, but they definitely have their own smell.

I haven't used any for flavored cigars, so I can't comment there.

I don't know how my beads smell but I do know they have a yellowish tinge to them now indicating they are absorbing more than H20

The beads should be fine....

Please write a review of the vanilla taboos when you get a chance....I was thinking of buying some:tu

I absentmindedly left a mesh bag of beads in a closet that's lined with red cedar shelves for a few weeks and when I finally retrieved them they smelled very strongly of cedar resin. I had to dry them out completely and then put them in an empty cigar box for a few weeks to get the stink out. Now they smell of Spanish cedar which is much better.

Don't know about odors from the air but they will take on a distinct cedar smell and color if you lay them on the cedar after redcharge particularly if they are overfilled and a lil water pools.

Maybe its my recharge method...

Pouring-water-for-wet-tshirt.jpg

I have several pounds of beads in my cabinet humidor and over time they have taken on the smell of cedar. My guess is if you just keep the vanilla cigars around the beads for a week or two you'll be fine. I think I am going to have to try da klugs recharge method.:ss

I absentmindedly left a mesh bag of beads in a closet that's lined with red cedar shelves for a few weeks and when I finally retrieved them they smelled very strongly of cedar resin. I had to dry them out completely and then put them in an empty cigar box for a few weeks to get the stink out. Now they smell of Spanish cedar which is much better.
They will probably pick up some odors. You wouldn't want your other cigars tasting like vanilla.

Back