Do you reuse plastic cigar sleeves?

kayaker

Come get some!!!
I have a few cigars that come in a cellophane sleeve. Is it OK to reuse these sleeves to mail cigars for trades and bombs? Does the same go for the baggies/ziplocks that I have been sent?

Thanks for the info (in advance).

:cb

i hear dragonman is partial to cello....maybe send them all to him?

the baggies for sure reuse them..we all have to be green dont we?:ss

Does the cello tend to hold the flavours/aromas of what had been there before? More so than the baggies?

Not at all. For me, it'a a matter of cello being more disposable and uniquely fitted for a particular cigar.

Does the cello tend to hold the flavours/aromas of what had been there before? More so than the baggies?

While I'm only about a week and a half in on CS and haven't bombed anyone (but about to! thx to being bombed already by papajohn67 - thx again john! :tu), I can't see why it wouldn't be ok to reuse a cello. Cigars are sittin' in the humi together already (and I take the cellos off), so I can't imagine why it would 'hurt' the cigars to ship 'em out in a reused cello. AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT USING A CELLO FROM A FLAVORED/INFUSED CIGAR!!!

In fact, I've got a drawer of cellos that I've removed from my cigars, but I haven't really had the opportunity to stick any cigars back into them.

When I hit the road, I'll take the naked sticks in my travel humidor or Xikar 3-sleeve case. But in the off chance I need to protect a single for the short-term, I figure it's always good to have the stock of cellos on hand.

But I definitely need to pick up some cigar ziplocs with the sleeves like papjohn67 sent his to me in. Any good place to get those?

:tpd: You also risk the chance of harming the wrapper when you are trying to put cello on.

I was thinking more along the lines of putting a smaller cig in than what came out, and then putting several cigs in a baggie/ziplock. I don't have any 3 finger or 5 finger bags yet. It keeps the cigs together but still with some seperation and protection from each other.

I reuse cello for cigars that come naked such as JDN's and Habanos that I keep in my humidor which could become damaged in handling. Baggies and finger bags I reuse all the time.

I have been keeping all my baggies from various orders and plan on reusing them. I did a trade about a month ago and received my end of the trade in 5 finger bags, so I have kept them for now, but will likely reuse them - hopefully I'll be able to pick some up when gargoyle gets some more (I missed out on the group buy)

I toss the cellos after I remove the cigars from them. I don't think reusing them is necessary if you have some 3 or 5 finger bags. Even normal ziplocs work well when properly taped. I don't see any problem in reusing the baggies and ziplocs, though.

I have reused ziploc baggies. I have also kept some of my cellos with the intent to use them if I travel. I haven't yet used one (and, yes, I have traveled with sticks) :). I see no reason you couldn't reuse cellos, but for a lot less aggravation ziplocs work fine.

I wouldn't reuse a cello for fear of damaging the cigar.
I do reuse finger bags, at least unless they've already been reused lots of times and have exceeded their usable life.
Someone else mentioned keeping it green. It makes very good sense. :tu

Back