Do you spit?

• Yes, I do spit

Votes: 60 63.2%
  • No, I don't spit

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Dub Ya Tee Eff Mate?

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
I used to spit occasionally until I realized smoking a fine cigar and spitting out :BS didn't exactly go together, so I kind of stopped. That, and I think I became more accustomed to the flavors and less inclined to spit when my cigar got harsh or the taste really socked me.

I broke the habit pretty quick, so now I'm spit free

Once I learned to not hotbox my smokes or purge if they naturaly got harsh I haven't felt the need to spit when I smoke. Usually if I feel like I have to spit it's a sign for me to slow down. It also used to be a sign to stop drinking buecause it meant I was really drunk and about to hurl.

funny you bring this up...if I'm smoking in an environment where I cannot drink, I cannot stand swallowing my spit. I must therefore eliminate into a cup, ala Spitoon. I walk around with a cup and I spit into it and people think I'm smoking and dippin' at the same time...makes the skoal boys happy!

Once I learned to not hotbox my smokes or purge if they naturaly got harsh I haven't felt the need to spit when I smoke. Usually if I feel like I have to spit it's a sign for me to slow down. It also used to be a sign to stop drinking buecause it meant I was really drunk and about to hurl.

:tpd: , except the hurling part.

Thanks for the responses, I'm an occasional spitter, there are some sticks that don't not make me spit, and there are some that do.
I know that everyone is different, so I just wanted to see how different, keep them coming! Thanks again.

For some reason when I smoke I produce a VERY large amount of spit. I mean if I smoke a few sticks over a 3 hour period I can fill up a 12oz. can with spit. It's not my fault, I don't like to spit it just happens.

I used to spit when I first started smoking cigars, but now I don’t feel the need. I think your mouth just has to get used to it, kind of like if you ever had braces or had to wear a retainer, your mouth naturally produces more saliva to remove whatever is in there until you get used to it. I also smoke cigarettes so maybe I’m more used to it than others.

I spit like a friggin fountain. I find usually having something to drink helps. I always keep an empty soda can handy when smoking. Anyone knows what causes this and how to this can be stopped.

No, I used to have the urge to spit while I was smoking, but I honestly can't bring myself to do it... I have tried, oh have I tried...plus the ladies do not like guys who spit...

For some reason when I smoke I produce a VERY large amount of spit. I mean if I smoke a few sticks over a 3 hour period I can fill up a 12oz. can with spit. It's not my fault, I don't like to spit it just happens.

Our mouths are made to salivate(sp) when something is in there, it's trying to digest the foreign objects, that could be one reason.

Spit? No, can't say I've ever felt the need to spit when I smoke. That goes for gars, cigs, and assorted other smokeables in days gone by. ;)

You guys sure you're smoking 'em and not chewing 'em? :D

I'm always drinking something when I smoke, so I don't feel the need to spit. The challenge is pairing up the right drink to the cigar I'm smoking, like say, color change kool aid and an acid kuba kuba:r

Man I'm disappointed, 10 replies and no one threw in a " No I swallow" comment? You guys let me down! J/K:r
On a serious note, I used to have to spit alot when I first started smoking but not so much now. I do build up saliva when I keep the stick in my mouth for a prolonged period of time though.

When I first started to smoke cigars I found that I would spit quite a bit. As I started to smoke better quality cigars I noticed that I no longer had a need to spit as often. If a smoke makes me want to spit because of the taste it leaves in my mouth (that doesn't sound right somehow :D ) then it's a dog rocket.

When I'm sitting back, enjoying a stogie with a drink = no.

When I'm taking a walk around the neighborhood, without a water bottle or something = yes.

I'll spit on occasion, but not that often. A lot of it depends on the smoke and if I'm drinking anything with it.

Back