Does box-pressed always = too tight of a draw?

bama

ChestBeater
I am 4 cigars into my new box of St. Luis Rey churchill maduros. All 4 have been so tight that they have not been enjoyable. Call me crazy, but I just can't stand cigars that make me feel like I am about to bust a blood vessel in my head.

Is this a rolling problem, or is just that box pressing packs them so tight over time? Thanks, everyone.

They may bee too wet. I have plenty of pressed cigars that draw just dandy. You are not alone on being frustrated with one that is too tight.

I am 4 cigars into my new box of St. Luis Rey churchill maduros. All 4 have been so tight that they have not been enjoyable. Call me crazy, but I just can't stand cigars that make me feel like I am about to bust a blood vessel in my head.

Is this a rolling problem, or is just that box pressing packs them so tight over time? Thanks, everyone.

I recently got several boxes from ISOM via our NATO partners. All were box pressed and aged at least 8 years. Two of the boxes had terrible draws and the sticks were pretty hard. One was so beautiful in the draw and flavor that I asked it to marry me (no response -- yet). I took two sticks out of the hard draw boxes to free up some room on each layer. Two weeks later, voila!, nice draw and great flavor.

I also have several pressed boxes of other nationalities and have never had a draw problem. I think that the problem isn't specific to the box pressed cigars but rather luck of the, uh, er, draw. Give them a little space and some time and it should work out. Sorry of this sounds like relationship advice, but in a way, it is.

I've found the exact opposite in the Oliva Serie G's,
the box-pressed sizes draw much looser than the non-box pressed Toro size.
:tu

I recently got several boxes from ISOM via our NATO partners. All were box pressed and aged at least 8 years. Two of the boxes had terrible draws and the sticks were pretty hard. One was so beautiful in the draw and flavor that I asked it to marry me (no response -- yet). I took two sticks out of the hard draw boxes to free up some room on each layer. Two weeks later, voila!, nice draw and great flavor.

I also have several pressed boxes of other nationalities and have never had a draw problem. I think that the problem isn't specific to the box pressed cigars but rather luck of the, uh, er, draw. Give them a little space and some time and it should work out. Sorry of this sounds like relationship advice, but in a way, it is.

Stick to your day job, Lucy. :r

O.T. I roasted that Harrar. It is tasty!!

Stick to your day job, Lucy. :r

O.T. I roasted that Harrar. It is tasty!!

dang nabbit! I meant to call. Maybe Saturday afternoon we can call a herf and caffeine at your place? I have more scotch than the ones from the auction...

Back