Does Padilla date stamp 8&11 boxes??

I don't know if it's a hard fast rule, but I believe everything coming out of the miami factory is date stamped.

I know my 8/11s are.

I think it stopped though, because manufacturing moved to Nicaragua's Tobacco Cubana co owned by Fernandez (Of Tropical Tobacco), as from Pete Johnson himself said that the only cigars being produced in Miami are his Tats, Cabuguans, and a few private lablels.

I think it stopped though, because manufacturing moved to Nicaragua's Tobacco Cubana co owned by Fernandez (Of Tropical Tobacco), as from Pete Johnson himself said that the only cigars being produced in Miami are his Tats, Cabuguans, and a few private lablels.

Hmmm...the Web site says they are made in Miami, they are called 8/11 Miami because they are made in the factory on 8th and 11th street no?:confused:

Also note, Ernesto Padillia visited us a few days ago dropped off by samples of '68's and I think the other one is called '34's, I had the 68 which I think is being made by Fernandez y Fernandez in Honduras. Didn't try the other new one which is being made by Pepin. Also the Habano Line is switching from Oliva to another manufacturer don't know how this will effect the cigar.

Also note, Ernesto Padillia visited us a few days ago dropped off by samples of '68's and I think the other one is called '34's, I had the 68 which I think is being made by Fernandez y Fernandez in Honduras. Didn't try the other new one which is being made by Pepin. Also the Habano Line is switching from Oliva to another manufacturer don't know how this will effect the cigar.

I had a Padilla '68 last night. It had horrible burn issues. Wrapper burned black and canoed. It tasted okay though.

I think it stopped though, because manufacturing moved to Nicaragua's Tobacco Cubana co owned by Fernandez (Of Tropical Tobacco), as from Pete Johnson himself said that the only cigars being produced in Miami are his Tats, Cabaiguans, and a few private lablels.

Date stamping is still done. Tabacalera Cubana de Garcia y Fernandez S. A. (TACUBA) makes a lot of cigars, but the ERdlH factory in Miami is still very much operational. Regarding the name, Tabacalera Cubana, it would probably be best to use the abbreviation TACUBA to avoid any possible confusion with the other, unrelated company in Estelí, Tabacalera Cubana Nicaraguense S. A. (TACUNISA)].

Take a quick look here.

RapidTransit said:
Also note, Ernesto Padillia visited us a few days ago dropped off by samples of '68's and I think the other one is called '34's, I had the 68 which I think is being made by Fernandez y Fernandez in Honduras. Didn't try the other new one which is being made by Pepin.

Pepin makes the Padilla 1948 (new) and the Padilla Signature 1932. And, you're right, he doesn't make the Series 68.

Last edited:
I had a Padilla '68 last night. It had horrible burn issues. Wrapper burned black and canoed. It tasted okay though.

I just had my first of this series and had a similar experience.

Taste was very good but the cigar wanted to tunnel a bit (rather than canoe). Very dark ash and the wrapper did burn darkly. Probably still a bit "wet" since I only got them a couple weeks back from that Padilla sampler on CI.

Nice cigar though. Milder than I expected. (So was the 8 & 11.)

I really enjoyed the 68 I had the other night. Great spice and massive amounts of smoke. Mine started to tunnel but I slowed down and it corrected itself. Another month in the humi and I'm sure this is gonna be a really fine smoke.

Back