Does your significant other "get" Club Stogie?

Andyman

Home sweet Home!!
I was just thinking - Most of us here talk about Club Stogie to our close friends and significant others.. Do they (significant others) "get" the whole Idea, or do they roll there eyes at you? Now I don't get the eye roll but I know my wife dosn't understand the appeal of it.

My girlfriends over the years have never gotten my fascination with forums. Heck back when I was in highschool I ran a bulletin board system (BBS) that my girlfriend absolutely hated. It took me away from HER when I had to work on IT. Whatever.

Mindflux said:
My girlfriends over the years have never gotten my fascination with forums.

yeah, my wife thinks that i am crazy.

"why do you have to go online to find 'friends'? are you some kind of weirdo?"

My wife finds it amusing. And she has some of those old internet worries. Before I went to my first herf with a BOTL she said something like "Are you sure he's not a serial killer?" My answer? --"Not sure dear, wanna see some of the bombs he's delivered?"

Wife thinks I spend to much time online posting on this forum or buying Cigars from several different stores. Calls all the guys here my Cigar buddies or CB's for short. Whatever. I don't complain when she on the phone every night talking to her mom.

She could care less. She does laugh and some of the funny stories that I tell her happened on the site but she has no interest in posting or looking at the site nor do I get any crap for spending time on cigar boards.

kansashat said:
I think mine is just relieved that I finally have somewhere to talk cigars besides her. :rolleyes:
My wife just loves when I talk cigars with her... It drives her crazy..

I love the responses here.. Some of them hit so close to home..

It kind of creeps the girlfriend out. Knowing there are many more out there that not only enjoy cigars, but my warped sense of humor. And somehow she always knows when I'm typing something about her, like just now she popped her head in. Other than that she likes CS, keeps me from buggin the hell outta her.

My girlfriend at first thought it was a llittle bit weird since she is not used to be a lot on the internet (except MSN messenger :p, but in there you already know your contacts). But when i talk about the stuff that happens, the bombs, the herfs, etc... (even some BOTLS sent some cigars for her to try :p), then she realizes everything is for real and the friendships are for real.

RenoB said:
Before I went to my first herf with a BOTL she said something like "Are you sure he's not a serial killer?" My answer? --"Not sure dear, wanna see some of the bombs he's delivered?"

LMFAO sounds like my parents, they just found out I'm a member when I got my Secret Santa bomb..

my wife gets it, she thinks it's cool that we come on here to discuss like hobbies. She has no problem with me being on here and actually was a huge help getting my first two bombs off to the post office.

ShawnP said:
my wife gets it, she thinks it's cool that we come on here to discuss like hobbies. She has no problem with me being on here and actually was a huge help getting my first two bombs off to the post office.

ShawnP's wife is one cool woman, who helps him run the chocolate factory (she promotes equal rights for oompa loompas!) :r

After attending the Dallas herf this past August with me, my girlfriend understands and thinks it's kinda cool that I can meet up with complete strangers to enjoy a passion.

My wife had a hard time understanding why total strangers would send each other cigars through the mail.
"Aren't they expensive? why would someone you've never met send you cigars?"
Still a little weird for her.

Since there really isn't anyone around here to talk about cigars with, instead of talking about them to her all the time I get on here. That she seems to understand.

celticgent said:
yeah, my wife thinks that i am crazy.

"why do you have to go online to find 'friends'? are you some kind of weirdo?"
An all to common statement. The odd thing being that I have met many more people here that I would definately give the time of day to than I have face to face. It's not just the generosity but more so the genuine people that grace this forum.

But to answer the question at hand, my wife gets it. In fact she will quite regularly ask me "so whats happening on Club Stogie". I think she to is amazed at the people here that are so kind and generous. She is a big supporter although she does get confused by the cigar thing, explain something about cigars and she looks at me kinda crossed eyed. But she totally gets CS which is cool.

Yeah I think she does.

She got tired of me obsessing over cigars and finally tried a few smokes with me, and boom another monster credit card killer in one family..

Back