Don Kiki White Label Vintage Selection: Maduro Robusto

Scott M

SilverBack
Not much about these... more info here.

First, the high points. It had a good to very good maduro flavor with a very pleasent aroma. Lit easily, very good (albeit sporadic) smoke volume and a mild aftertaste. Produced an ash of close to 2". Cheap, at ~$55 a box.

The low points. Madre de Dios. Nasty bits of tobacco...I thought I'd stuffed a wad of Copenhagen in my mouth at one point. Rough seams, folded cap end and strange bumpy-indentation-ridge thingies at the cap junction . Poor burn, even after mulitple touch ups, and the wrapper split and separated. At the 2" mark it turned harsh, acrid and bitter, but no more so than most cigars.

I could, theoretically, claim some of the issues as poor storage. Humi's been up and down lately, but + 4% hasn't roughed up other cigars in there. Since this was gifted to me, I really can't complain too much. It's a pity these don't come in 5 packs... I'd like to give these a sporting chance, since it was comparable to other maduro cigars I've had. Based on this one cigar, I'd have to rate it poor to fair given the wrestling match in order to smoke it.

Scott"thequestcontinues"M

Back