Don Lino Africa review

Gophernut

ChestBeater
Smoked a Don Lino Africa last night and must say I was fairly pleased. It was the Duma sized, 5x50. Clipped it, and the pre-light draw was somewhat tight, but very manageable. Didn't get too much out of it in way of flavor, but I had just taken a long pull off of my Coors Light.
So lighting it up was a breeze, so no worries about the draw. First thought I had was of a good spice flavor. The first third was very tasty with some spice and leather. The burn was razor sharp, and the ash held on for about an inch.
The 2/3 was very spicy, strong tasting cigar. The burn was off a little, but a quick touch up was all it needed. The draw was becoming a little more tight, so a quick purge and all was well.
The last third this cigar really came together for me. Started mellowing out with some very strong chocolate flavors, that I hadn't experienced in a cigar in some time. The burn was perfect, the draw was wonderful with huge clouds of white smoke.
Appearance: 9/10 Nice dark wrapper, no noticable veins
Construction: 8/10 A little tough on the draw during the 2/3
Overall: 9/10 Would definitely smoke more of these!!:2

Nice review of a really great cigar! I myself love the Don Lino Africa and your review is very similar to how I felt about the stick. I even smoked a smaller Africa over the summer and it burned forever.....for such a small stick. I also like the tremendous amount of smoke that comes from these!

Sounds quite a bit like what I experienced when I had one. Loads of smoke. Eric from Kioki sent me one as a newbie freebie and it was one of the better smokes I have had. Once my 25ct is a bit emptier, I was planning on getting a few more.

Sounds quite a bit like what I experienced when I had one. Loads of smoke. Eric from Kioki sent me one as a newbie freebie and it was one of the better smokes I have had. Once my 25ct is a bit emptier, I was planning on getting a few more.
Eric sent me one as well and I thought it was a very good cigar too!!:tu

Thanks for the review. I like the Duma as well. Seems like the perfect strength for midafternoon. The price point is reasonable as well. I keep them on hand ofr the football season. :ss

Nice review.

Im gonna have to give these another shot. The one I smoked disappointed me. It is such a beautiful stick with an even nicer band that just begs to be smoked.

Based on your review and the other comments posted I'll give the Don another try.

Back