Don Pepin Black Lables / Cuban Classic

RJT

Chestbeating Pack Leader
I decided to pull the trigger on a box of the toros blind. I have started smoking some DP stuff lately and was looking for a NC that was good but would not break the bank. 95% of what I smoke are Habanos but lately really like the DP stuff.

I had heard a mix review of these and was a little concerned. I had heard people having some wrapper issue and I cant stand a cigar that has wrapper issue.

I got them in today and decided to smoke one right off the truck. So far I can say these are great sticks and no wrapper issues so far. I don’t see that as a problem with the other sticks either because the wrappers are pretty thick. Burn was great with only a minor touch up. The flavor is typical DP with Cuban like qualities. I would say for the buck these are a great deal.

I am not that great at reviews. If 10 was the perfect cigar I would rate these a 7/8. They have great flavor and strength without being overwhelming and construction was top notch. :tu

Had the 1977 (38rg x 5 1/2in) this weekend and man was it great. I am fighting to NOT buy a box. :ss

Just fired up another one, it tunneled awful and I had to toss it. :hn

I grabbed another one and it is smoking perfect. :ss I guess I will let them sit for a week or so and see how the rest smoke.

Tasty sticks, for sure. These and the Blue Labels have been my favorite for some time. Another stick with a peppery bite and a slightly different taste is the Perdomo Lot 23.

I had SERIOUS wrapper issues with these. I two unravel on me. One completely and one about 2/3 of the wrapper came off. Ugh.

I had my first one tonight also. Wouldn't mind getting a 5 pack for the humi. I don't usually smoke to the nub ..... I did on this one. Good stuff.

Back