Don Pepin Blue Label-

Guitarman-S.T-

...Got Metal?
thanks to some very wise men on CS, and my troubled past days... they brought me to this stick for tonight' smoke to ...Ease some problems of day to day life.

Like i stated before this had the Greatest draw i have ever had in month's from a primo stick. one of the first of ANY cigar that i did not choose to fix the draw with the draw tool's, it was such a good draw from that alone i wanted to write a review. And knowing me... i dont write many unless its deserving... this was :tu

First lite... very smooth draw, very dense smoke, nothing to special. After awhile the creamy'ness kicked in.... very nice. had some issues with the burn had to fix that up multiple times.. but didnt bother me. Like was said before many times its a creamy smoke, Very nice dense smoke out of this puppy, still nothing to special. Till it got a bit further... HERE we go... Chocolate under tones... very flavorful. One of the best ive had in awhile now. I first noticed that cuban/like 3 layer cap on the stick and start to finish i had the impression i was smoking a very well made stick from the island, aka The rollers at don pepin are trull masters of there craft and worth the $$!

great stick, burnn issues... but perfect draw. When the funds are in... any one down for a box split ;)
Thanks Monte. for the stick to begin with :tu

Is this the standard don pepin or is it a different cigar actually called a blue label? I'm curious because I don't recall the name of the ones I've smoked, but they both had a blue label. Seems self explanatory, but I'd rather be sure :)

Is this the standard don pepin or is it a different cigar actually called a blue label? I'm curious because I don't recall the name of the ones I've smoked, but they both had a blue label. Seems self explanatory, but I'd rather be sure :)

They would be the same sir.:tu :dr :dr

Smoked one of these two nights ago and came to nearly the same conclusion.

Little harsh/spicy at first, after about an inch and a half turned creamy with hints of mocha. Was an excellent smoke from there on out.

Had burn issues with it but it still was one of the better smokes my noob self have had.

Excellent review!

It's awesome that pepin is getting this huge fan following. He really deserves it. Some refreshing new smokes and reasonable price.

Um, I don't know about this one. The one I tried wasn't much to talk about. However, I can say that Pepin's Padilla 8&11 blend is phenomenal. Give that one a try next.

What a timley review - I just smoked the blue label torp last night and was gonn review it as well. You hit it spot on! Strong and spicy at first, then mellowed into a CREAMY cocoa deliciousness.... Mmmmmm:dr

FYI - I had one other blue label torp a few months ago and it wasnt nearly as good. Not sure why, but the one I had last night had a noticibly darker wrapper (almost maduro looking) and had that great barnyard prelight smell.

I've had a couple of the Invictos (that's part of the blue label, right?) and think they are overhyped. They start off bitter and then progress into a black liquorice taste. They smell great (unlit) are constructed well, burn well but I don't like the taste. They are lacking in the flavor department IMO. Maybe these robustos aren't the best of the lot but I don't care for them.

What a timley review - I just smoked the blue label torp last night and was gonn review it as well. You hit it spot on! Strong and spicy at first, then mellowed into a CREAMY cocoa deliciousness.... Mmmmmm:dr

FYI - I had one other blue label torp a few months ago and it wasnt nearly as good. Not sure why, but the one I had last night had a noticibly darker wrapper (almost maduro looking) and had that great barnyard prelight smell.

Yes sir the wrapper is something i forgot to mention it looked AMAZING! so much different to anything i have ever seen, a little squeeze to it, Very nice looking and very toothy ;)

I've had a couple of the Invictos (that's part of the blue label, right?)

yes.

I worked through a box and have two aging in my humidor. Because of Pepin's background I think we are in for some serious treats a couple years down the road when the blue labels and miami 8&11 age.

great review.

The Don Pepin garcia Blue labels are excellent cigars overall. They are much better though when you have let the sit and rest for as long as you can. I would say 3 weeks tro a month. Then after you have had them for six months to a year, you will find they are even better. These are wonderful cigars.:dr

The Don Pepin garcia Blue labels are excellent cigars overall. They are much better though when you have let the sit and rest for as long as you can. I would say 3 weeks tro a month. Then after you have had them for six months to a year, you will find they are even better. These are wonderful cigars.:dr

let them rest to a year... if they would only last ;) haha.
I had one that monte sent me for ... jeez i wanna say atleast a month... and it blew me away... imagine a year? :mn

let them rest to a year... if they would only last ;) haha.
I had one that monte sent me for ... jeez i wanna say atleast a month... and it blew me away... imagine a year? :mn

The one I sent you was from Aug 06 and had been in my humidor since November, so it was decently rested! :D :ss

I smoked a DPG Blue torp the other night that I had bought in August of '06. I bought the Holt's sampler, so have no idea of when the thing was made, but it had a minimum of 6 months on it.

My advice: AGE 'EM! After only 6 mos., this thing had lost some of it's kick-in-the-teeth power and developed its flavor. The result: day-yum. Gimme another!!! Now, if I can manage to hold on to them for a year....

I do have a dozen of the DPG Blacks (aka Cuban Classic) aging away. I will try one in late November of this year ('07), by which time it will be a year old. Should be interesting.....

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

:cb

Smoked a churchill size from an Oct 06 box. They've been resting in my humidor since November of last year. Not very good with identifying flavors. But this one is a keeper.

Purchased a box of Delicias in June. If I only smoke 2 a month, will have a couple with a year on them! :)

I got a 5 'er a couple months ago, and they taste damn fine to me relatively fresh. Have had burn problems though.

Back