Don Pepin Blue Vs Padron 5000/6000

Coffee Grounds

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I thought I would throw this out there.

Which Nicaragua puro do you prefer and why.

For me the Don Pepin has a better spicy flavor but The Padron has that coffee taste with smoothness.

Spiciness with perfect balance
Coffeeness with smoothness

This is a tough one boys I am still undecided.

What do you guys think?

If I want spice then DPG
If I want smoothness then Padron.
That being said I find myself reaching more and more for DPG.:dr

Last edited:
great call on the comparison. I gotta take the Pepin over the Padron even though i love both cigars. I just want to see what a pepin will be like in a year or two of age.

Coffeeness with smoothness is my preference. But I must say I love the DPG choices. The longer I let them sit the better his Habana Leons are getting.

uh oh.

I just made myself want one :mad:.

Don Pepin all the way. The regular line Padrons are just OK IMHO. They are more of an occassional smoke to fill in a void, but not a favorite or even in my regular rotation.

Don Pepin Blue label is in my Top 3, if not #1 :tu

Don Pepin all the way. The regular line Padrons are just OK IMHO. They are more of an occassional smoke to fill in a void, but not a favorite or even in my regular rotation.

Don Pepin Blue label is in my Top 3, if not #1 :tu

I have to agree.

The 6000 are my favorite goto sticks, mostly for the smooth creaminess of the flavors. For the price point, they aren't bad either. With that said, I am a Pepin Whore and do have a large amount fo the Blue Label in my personal stock. Tough choices! :D

Both cigars are very different. I think there is much more complexity with the DPB. The Padron is a nice smoke, but never changes flavor and can get boring.

There is a point with the DPB where it all comes together. About 1/2 to 2/3 in there is a super smooth vanilla sweet spot that tastes very similar to some cubans I know. This is really the point where most of the Pepins shine IMHO.

:tu

I thought I would throw this out there.

Which Nicaragua puro do you prefer and why.

For me the Don Pepin has a better spicy flavor but The Padron has that coffee taste with smoothness.

Spiciness with perfect balance
Coffeeness with smoothness

This is a tough one boys I am still undecided.

What do you guys think?

I would/will smoke em both :ss

Both cigars are very different. I think there is much more complexity with the DPB. The Padron is a nice smoke, but never changes flavor and can get boring.

There is a point with the DPB where it all comes together. About 1/2 to 2/3 in there is a super smooth vanilla sweet spot that tastes very similar to some cubans I know. This is really the point where most of the Pepins shine IMHO.

:tu

Agreed :tpd:

In the mornings it would be the Pepin. They seem to always get better the smaller they get. In the evenings it would be a toss-up depending on my mood.

Oh my God, this is not going to be easy...I like these both so much...although, I do tend to gravitate to the Don Pepins a lot more often lately....I really like the body and consistency in the padrons...however, the flavor I get from the DPG is a lot better, I like the initial spiciness of the Garcias....

Back