Don Pepin Garcia Generosos

Coffee Grounds

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Size: 6 x 50
Shape: Toro
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua

I know this cigar has been reviewed a ton but I thought I would add one more too it.

The construction is good to great. Some light streaking but the cigar corrected itself. The draw was right on. The burn was cool and slow.

The flavor is that of a strong smoke. The base flavor of this is Spice. A large amount of spice that just hangs on ever puff. The power ful spice has some woody undetones that swirl with some burnt rice cakes with just a touch of sugar that is very faint after you relase the smoke. I know my descrption makes it sound complex but its not. Its more of a smooth straight forward spicy taste with touches of the other flavors.
This cigar really has excellent balance as advertised.

I just bought a box of these for $107 on one of the auction sites. That about $4.30 a smoke.

I would give this cigar 8.7 out of 10

In time if this really smooths out it could easily be 9+ rated cigar in my book.

thanks for the review..

never had one of these, matter of fact I have never seen one at any store. The draw backs of everyone having cubans..

I just finished smoking one of these about 15 mins ago. We got them into the shop yesterday:dr

Very good review of a d#mn good smoke!!

Nice review. I thinks you were "spot on" when it comes to the spice and full body. I enjoy these smokes.

Here's a review that talks about the Blue Labels and some other Pepins if anyone's interested.

Pepin Cigars

Don Pepin seems to be all the rage here. I happen to be on that bandwagon too, incredible smoke for the price.

There are only a few domestic cigars I will spend more than $100.00 a box for and Don Pepin's Blue Garcia's is one of them. I really like your review, it really describes the combination of spice and power that always stays with each puff of the Garcia ciagrs, good job.

I am just floored at how damn good Don Pepin's cigars are. And the Blue label is a perfect starting, middle and drop off place for anyone trying out his cigars IMHO. It has all the elements of greatness I look for in a cigar.

Thanks again for that review, my trigger finger is getting itchy! :cb

I think Pepin Garcia has the best balance out there.
I have been smoking he product ever since I had a Padilla Hybrid.

He blends of Nic. Puro's are really 2nd to none. The only one that is close it Padron.

I would really really like to Garcia make a Dom. Puro. There is no doubt he is a master but could he create a Dom. Puro that is the best?

There are only a few domestic cigars I will spend more than $100.00 a box for and Don Pepin's Blue Garcia's is one of them. I really like your review, it really describes the combination of spice and power that always stays with each puff of the Garcia ciagrs, good job.

I am just floored at how damn good Don Pepin's cigars are. And the Blue label is a perfect starting, middle and drop off place for anyone trying out his cigars IMHO. It has all the elements of greatness I look for in a cigar.

Thanks again for that review, my trigger finger is getting itchy! :cb

Holy poop on a stick! Haven't heard from you in a long time! Glad you're back. :)

The Blue Label Generosos is definitely a good cigar. I've had a bout a dozen and gifted several as well, and they are consistent in flavor and construction. Sometimes they start a bit harsh (as with a lot of Pepins IMO), but quickly settle into a very decent smoke. The Blue Label and Black Label are currently my two favorite Pepin blends, and two of the better nc's out there right now. Not complex smokes, just pretty darn tasty and nearly perfect construction.

I love the Don Pepin line, I have yet to have a bad smoke or hear anyone say anything negative about the line. Great Review, I wish I could get them at the price you got'em! Thanks

I'm smoking one right now. One of my favorite smokes. I love that spice. It's definitely not a boring smoke, you really know you smoked a cigar when you're done with this bad boy.

Man, there's a lot of Pepin talk around here. Makes me more and more curious, and willing to break my spending moratorium.

The only Pepin cigar I've tried was the Padilla Achilles, which I liked okay but didn't love. Once I pull out my credit card again, I'll try one of his other lines.

Back