Don Thomas Sun Grown Gigante

Budprince

SilverBack
As a Fan of the Don Thomas Cameroons, today I pruchased my frist 2 Sungrown Gigantes and smoked one of them this evening.

Any of you who have had the opportunity to smoke one of these has noticed the nice light wrapper and the pleasant aroma from the unlit stick itself.

Even with such a large ring guage, I chose to puch this stick - I enjoy the way a puch focuses the flavor for me during the smoke.

As I began the lightation, I noticed that the draw was very nice; and easy. After a few puffs, I noticed that there was a nice stream of smoke coming from the head of the cigar indicating to me a nice flow through the stick.

The ash was a light to medium gray and didn't fall until about an inch and a half or more (consistent throughout the entire smoke) which indicated a fine construction to the cigar.

The aroma was nice - light and pleasant

The flavor was very nice - Sweet and it seemed to me a little caramely with a nice finish. It burned nice and cool all the way down to about 2 1/2 inches.

All in all a very nice smoke. I'd recommend these to just about any one. This could be a fine morning smoke or a perfect choice for anyone who likes a cigar that's not too bold or heavy.

I've got one for the Humi and am looking forward to seeing how it smokes with some age.
:tu

I agree, the Don Tomas SG is a good smoke, nice review. I can't wait until these are available all the time.

Back