Don Thomas Sun Grown Robusto

Major Captain Silly

Poker for the troops
This cigar was gifted to me. I don't know by whom as I am pretty unorganized. I really wasn't expecting much but had a long drive today and wanted something to pass the time. Too my surprise, this was a medium-bodied gem of a cigar! I compare this favorable to the the Rocky Patel Sun Grown line and it may be a little better in my book. These are quite inexpensive for a box of 25 and are well worth it if you like the sun grown wrapper.

MCS

I find that all the Don Tomas smokes are "gems".
A very underrated cigar in the General stable, to say the least.

I find that all the Don Tomas smokes are "gems".
A very underrated cigar in the General stable, to say the least.

:tpd: Don't let the secret out or they will charge $6 - $7 a stick... which they taste good enough to retail for IMHO. Shhhhhh...... :r

I, I, I, I mean they're nasty pieces of rope I wouldn't let my city councilman smoke. Don't go near them!
Yeah, that's it!:ss

Since we're keeping this on the sly, I'll just have to lower my voice and say these Don Thomas' are great little cigars so a keep it to yourselves, OK? :ss

Ummmm..... that was an "opposite review" because I thought it was Opposite Day! Yeah, thats it! Those Don Thomas Sun Grown taste like dirt!

MCS

Very consistent smokes. My father in law was raving about the first he had the other day. He said it was the best cigar he's had in a LONG time! Nice review, Silly!:)

Haven't had the sungrown yet, but do have one in the humi; I've had the clasico and it's become an instant favorite.

:tpd: Don't let the secret out or they will charge $6 - $7 a stick... which they taste good enough to retail for IMHO. Shhhhhh...... :r

I've been enjoying the Don Tomas Cameroons for some time now. Smoked a hell of a lot of the little pefecto #1's as a relatively quick after Dinner cigar. I've liked Don Tomas right from the beggining of my smoking experience back in the early 1980's.

I noticed that the DT Clasico Presidente's rated a 90 and made CA's top 25 of 2007 as number 22 .

Everytime I order some DT's I'm reminded of how fortunate I am to ENJOY a cigar thats not only AVAILABLE but VERY reasonably priced. I agree with SmokeyJoe above......I hope they don't spike the price.

FN in MT:cb

Had another 6:30 softball game so I headed to the shop during lunch to find a cheapie and possibly new cigar to try and pass time before the game. Almost picked up the Padron 2000, but then thought "nah, you're staying safe', so I went with the Don Tomas Sun Grown. It was a pretty darn good cigar as I was very satisfied with the overall smoke and glad I gave it a go. Spent $3.30 on this cigar and I'd probably pay a little bit more for it as well.
I see few of these making into my humi. :ss

Back