Don Tomas Special Edition Corojo 552

drac

ChestBeater
Our pal Clam, gave Donna and I each one of these smokes a few weeks back and I must say, thank you my friend.

What a great smoke. I was not to sure what to expect as Don Tomas and Casa Drac really do not have a fantastic relationship. I will tell you that this Don Tomas cigar is welcome in our humidors any day.

A medium to full bodied smoke with hints of molasses. This cigar reminded me alot of the ERDM Robusto Oscuro. The packaging is even the same. The wrapper is a oily corojo on the Don Tomas. The large ring guage provided an easy draw and large plumes of thick smoke. The retail on these cigars is very good as well.
I think a box of these may find a home in our humidor in the near future.

Thanks for putting the post out here.. I have 5 pack of these smoke on the way! Can't wait to give them a try!

Our pal Clam, gave Donna and I each one of these smokes a few weeks back and I must say, thank you my friend.

What a great smoke. I was not to sure what to expect as Don Tomas and Casa Drac really do not have a fantastic relationship. I will tell you that this Don Tomas cigar is welcome in our humidors any day.

A medium to full bodied smoke with hints of molasses. This cigar reminded me alot of the ERDM Robusto Oscuro. The packaging is even the same. The wrapper is a oily corojo on the Don Tomas. The large ring guage provided an easy draw and large plumes of thick smoke. The retail on these cigars is very good as well.
I think a box of these may find a home in our humidor in the near future.

THANKS for the review!

Just bought a box of these as a gift for a friend, and wondering whether I'd made a mistake!!!

I just had one of these 2 nights ago, and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I agree with the comment on the molasses(ey) flavor. It had tons of rich smoke, and was very tasty. I'll definitely be looking to add a few of these to the humi in the near future.

Thanks for the review drac. I haven't tried the DTSEC 552's, but I did order a 5er of the DTC 554's from JR's a number of weeks ago. They arrived dressed in tissue with the band holding it in place. The wrapper a dark brown color, oil sheen, and nice looking. Burned very evenly, great taste, and a solid medium to medium-full body taste. I think they're definately worth purchasing a box...:cb

Back